Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    888alex Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2006, 12:39 PM
    Blue Screen of Death on Compaq Evo
    On my compaq evo n400c laptop I just installed windows XP PRO. It boots up fine everything works then at random times the blue screen of death comes up. The really strange thing is it's random driver files that it displayes. And sometimes there's no driver at all. It will say the big long thing Windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer.It says random things like BAD_POOL_CALLER and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have tried updating my drivers but no luck. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. The computer is driving me crazy.

Thanks
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Oct 1, 2006, 01:39 PM
    Have you tried testing the RAM in your system? Microsoft has one here:
    http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Oct 2, 2006, 07:52 PM
    Yes, I have tried testing my RAM with the Microsoft RAM tester. And there was no errors.
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2006, 08:10 PM
    Chuck it out the window and buy a Mac.:D

Just kidding.:p

We're there any issues with the installation process?

Was it a OEM installation disc?

If not, you will need to do a 'clean-installation' of the OS and then immediately visit the Compaq ****e for a whole host of updates designed specifically for the 'lap warmer' in question.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Oct 3, 2006, 06:33 AM
    Two good answers.Also make sure your CPU is not over-heating,and that your fan is working correctly.Obvious,I know,but worth a look.

Oct 6, 2006, 06:38 PM
    OK. All is well. I took out one of the sticks of ram, and it works fine. The ram must have broke, or something. Well thank you for all your answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows xp pro- blue screen of death [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, had to join after I asked a friend on this issue. ( And I thought XP was immune from this.) It say's: On Blue Screen; Stop: C0000218 {Registry File Failure} The Registry cannot Load the Hive File:\SystemRoot\System32\Config\Software Or it's log or alternative. It is...

ATIdrab.dll 'Blue-Screen' [ 3 Answers ]

From time to time I get this 'Blue-Screen' error which points to this DLL associated with my laptop's (DELL Latitude CPx w/Pentium 3 processor and 320 MB RAM) video system. I've tried BOTH ATI's and DELL's websites, to no avail. ATI refers me to DELL and DELL insists that I find some cryptic...

Please help... Blue screen of death! [ 7 Answers ]

Yes, I have had the blue screen of death for a few months now. I have tried numerous stupid things but they don't seem to work It hadn't happened for a few weeks until today, it happened again. I have the error reports for it if that helps. Is there anyting I can do?

Blue screen of death [ 4 Answers ]

got a friend with this problem any ideas to resolve it ERROR 0x00000024 NTFS.SYS and it says... check the disk with CHDSK /F to repair the problem... but I can't because I can't access to anything to do a CHKDSK... :)

View more questions Search