Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ladij61 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2009, 09:44 AM
    A/C Unit making clicking noice when turned on
    When I turn the thermostat down to kick the A/C on all it does is make a clicking noise. The outside fan runs and you can hear the inside unit also but no air is coming from the vents. There is a silver box wired to the inside unit and that is where the clicking is coming from. The stickers on the side of the silver box say coil controls and A/C controls with a whole bunch of numbers. I turned the thermostat off so it doesn't run and ruin something else, hopefully. Does anyone know what this might be? :confused:
    vinpadalino Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2009, 05:44 PM

Clicking sound and no air, might be fan motor or capacitor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is the fan on my central air outside unit not turning and making a clicking sound [ 2 Answers ]

I have central heating/air and the fan on the out side unit has stopped turning and is making a clicking noise. The heat on the inside of the house is still working, so it is a two part question. What is causing it to not turn and make the clicking sound? And What damage will it cause if I can not...

Air Conditioner Unit Outside Making a Clicking Sound [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Texas and it's really hot already and I noticed last night that my Air Conditioner unit outside is making a weird clicking sound. The fan was turning last night but today it stopped working. It is around 81 degrees in my house right now and I need to know what is going on to fix this...

Thermostat and outside unit making clicking sound? [ 4 Answers ]

The clicking sound on the outside unit is coming from inside somewhere. Would a bad contactor cause this or is there something more going on? I had just replaced the transformer. After replacing that is when the clicking started, until it suddenly stopped and now appears the new transformer...

View more questions Search