Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ColonelDave Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2009, 07:42 AM
    Works 7.0 Default File Location
    Works 7.0. I have two hard drives with my files on the E: drive. Works always looks to C:/MyDocuments. I want to change it to look at E:/MyDocuments. Easy to do in Office. How can it be done in Works ?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2009, 01:47 PM

In your operating system, right-click on "My Documents" and select "Properties". Under the "Target" tab, you can change what the computer knows is "My Documents". You cannot change "My Documents" on a program level, only on the operating system level. Some programs allow you to change the default directory.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 25, 2009, 02:07 PM

Just to point out here, Perito's advice is the best way to deal with this. But some programs (Office as you note) do permit setting the default directory for documents.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2009, 03:03 PM

Microsoft has an old post (1994) about how to change the default folder for Microsoft Works, but there's some incorrect information in it.

Works: How to Change the Default Folder in Which Files Are Saved

Basically what you do is find a shortcut that you use to start Microsoft works. That shortcut can be in the Start Menu or on the Quick Launch bar or on the desktop or anywhere else. Right-click on the shortcut and select "Properties". In the area that says "Start in:", enter the full path to the directory where you want the files to be saved. Each time you launch Microsoft Works from that shortcut, the default path for files will be in the directory you specified.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel formula vs file location [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, I created 2 MS Excel worksheets with VLookup formulas which worked fine. When the worksheets were opened on another computer the formulas added the formulas added the file locations to the formulas. i.e.. Instead of =VLOOKUP(A2,'[... it has =VLOOKUP(A2,'C:\Documents and Settings etc... Can...

How to file a default judgment in PA [ 8 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the steps I need to take to file a "default judgment" against the defendant? We were the plantiff's in Distric Court and won, then the defendant filed an appeal. I filed the answers to his complaint and he never responded. I then sent him his reminder notice to answer the...

MS Works 7.0 Default File Location [ 2 Answers ]

How do I set or change the default file location in MS Works 7.0 ?

What location do I go to file a claim? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Scottsdale,AZ. And need to find out where I go to file a small claims?? ::

MS Word - Display file location [ 1 Answers ]

Currently I have Word set to display the file location at the bottom of the page... but now I forget how I set that, and can't find it in help. Can someone remind me how to set this and turn it off and on? Thanks!

View more questions Search