Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rainbowlovebear Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2006, 06:25 AM
    Probation violation
    Dose any one know if a probation violation is filed when youer arrested for a new charge or after you plead quilty to the new charge ?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2006, 06:27 AM
    Hello again, rain:

After.

excon

Oct 1, 2006, 06:41 AM
    Hi to you to I read a lot of youer posts ! How do you know this ? An if that's true I guess its inocent until proven guilty so they can say you plead quilty to the charge on the violation hearing . So my p.o said she wasn't going to violate me for the owi as long as I finished drug an alcohole classes an I thought she was cutting me a break cause I called her an told her I was arrested an asked if there was any thing I could do to not be violated plus my son passed away. I guess she was cutting me a break till I plead guilty to the owi but I feared she was just waiting till I plead quilty to the owi so they could have the quilty plea for the hearing and so they could collect my probation fees till then . But I questioned why she sent me to the classes if she was going to violate me an my probation paper work says if you get arrested you are subject to arrest . What do you think ?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2006, 06:58 AM
    Hello again, rain:

I can't speak to your particular case. However, you are right that you're innocent until proven guilty. Can't be violated for just being arrested.

excon
    Cassie Posts: 150, Reputation: 46

Oct 1, 2006, 08:43 AM
    So much depends on your probation officer. Some really do want to see you succeed. Some just look for a reason to violate you. Finish the classes and stay out of trouble. You were honest with her and called her. That is one good point in your favor. They really do not like you to try and hide things.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2006, 02:19 PM
    It would depend on the circumstances surrounding the arrest. If the arrest occurred under circumstances that are in violation of your probation (such as being out after curfew if you have a curfew as a condition of your probation) then you'd be in violation right away. Otherwise, you technically aren't in violation until you get convicted since you are, at least legally, presumed innocent until proven guilty. But rest assured, after the arrest your PO will be on your tail like flies on honey if (s)he hasn't been already, even if you're not immediately found to be in violation.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2006, 03:09 PM
    A probation officer will not violate your probation as soon as you have pled guilty. You could be found innocent or you could withdraw your guilty plea and go to trial and be found not guilty, in which case there is no violation. The thing is, as a matter of stipulations, most probation offices have the, "Do not be convicted of a new crime" clause. That is a violation so when you are found guilty of a new crime, the violation is submitted. That, however, depends on the judge that put you on probation. If the probation officer has the power to not violate you, as dictate by the judge, then good for you. That probation officer must think you have potential so, don't let them down!

Oct 1, 2006, 04:58 PM
    Thank every one for there answers and thank you magprob as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation violation penalty [ 12 Answers ]

I have a friend who has one month left on probation. Probation has violated them for a minor incident that happens six months ago. I understand they can violate the individual but my question is what is the steepest penalty they can face at this time? Also, please be advised their fines are paid...

Violation of probation? [ 18 Answers ]

I am on probation right now for possession charges in New Jersey. I have 5 months left, and am currently in college out of state. Last weekend I received a DUI (at college) but the hearing will not be until next spring, after my probation period has ended. Will my PO find out about this?...

Probation violation [ 3 Answers ]

I got 18 monthes on probation in October 2005 in may of 2006 I got a owi I onley had eleven monthes of probation left. An I told my po in 48 houers an asked if there was any thing I can do to not be violated an she said she was going to talk to her boss an told me to call her back an I called her...

Probation violation [ 2 Answers ]

I've been on probation sense October 2005 in may 2005 I was arrested for owi I asked my po if there was any thing I could do to not be violated she said she was going to talk to her boss an to call her back she said I was not going to be violated as long as I went to drug an alcohole classes an I...

My boyfriend violation of probation [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: hello every one please anyone that knows about this mater please reply to me!my boyfriend was given probation with a 5 year cap,he was given additional programs to participate on while on probation like a long term out patient also he was ordered to get a job.which he did,due to the...

View more questions Search