Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1geo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2009, 08:13 AM
    Can a Homeless Relative Gain Property Rights?
    You invite a homeless relative in Florida to live with you on a temporary basis and after five months ask them to leave. They insist that they have gain property rights because now it is their resident address and you will have to have them evicted. They have been living there free for the five months paying for nothing. Have they gained property rights in the property simply by the fact they lived there for five months?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 19, 2009, 08:24 AM

Yes if somebody stays overnight one night and they receive mail at that address you have to evict them.
    Give them a three day notice and then if they do not leave go to the magistrate and file a formal notice.

Guidelines for Florida Residential Eviction

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gain on transferred property [ 2 Answers ]

My grandmother purchased house in 1923 for $13,000 - when she was ill in 2006, she transferred the ownership of the property to both me and her as joint tenants (the property was valued at $600,000 at the time) She passed away in 2007 - I sold the house in 2008 for $600,000 to my nephew, but I...

Selling commercial property to relative and holding the mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

I plan to sell some apartments that I own in New York State to my sister. The property has been in the family for over 40 years and there is no mortgage. She will be putting down a deposit for about a quarter of the selling price and I will be holding the paper for her. Neither of us live in NY...

Leasing Property to a Relative [ 4 Answers ]

Can you lease a home you purchased to a relative and still claim all tax breaks? Someone told me you cannot do this if it is your relative . They would be paying the rent that would cover the taxes , payment and swim club membership. Also, would be resposible for all repairs. Would also, have...

Adding a relative to property deeds. [ 2 Answers ]

My nana has my 3 sisters and herself on her house deeds and wants her other 3 grantchildren listed on it as well , only to be told we cannot change the deeds at all . Is there only a certain number of people allowed on property deeds? Isn't nana able to add 3 more people to her deeds? Thank you

Giving up parental rights to another relative [ 1 Answers ]

I have friend who in 2000 had a beautiful daughter,who now is 6 years old. During that time through details unknown,she was involved with a man who has assumed that he is the birth father,although she knows he is not.Currently the child now lives with her mother and would like to give up all her...

View more questions Search