Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lalanay1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2009, 08:01 AM
    Hamster in a coma.
    We think my little sister's hamster is in a coma. He hasn't been looking very well, and today when I got back from college, he was lying on his back, and at first I thought he was dead. Upon closer inspection, I found that he was breathing, and occasionally, he moves his paws. We don't know what is the matter with him, and as he is only 1yr old, don't think that he has had a stroke. Does anybody know what we can do to wake him up, help him get better, or at least make him more comfortable until his final breath comes?
    Krazi Posts: 358, Reputation: 70

May 19, 2009, 10:23 AM

You need to take him to a vet hospital.
    We can sit here and toss ideas around all day but in the end you need to take him [hamster] in.

You can find a possible answer here but if you love the little hammy you need to take him in.

http://www.hamsterific.com/IllnessGuide.cfm
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 19, 2009, 10:36 AM

Hello l:

Did you try mouth to mouth?

excon
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 19, 2009, 04:25 PM

Like Krazi said, it's time to go to the vet.

Hamsters don't live long but 1 year is still fairly young.

One thing you could try is placing him in a warmer room. Sometimes, if the room is cold they'll go into hibernation mode.

Good luck. :)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 19, 2009, 09:05 PM

Yes, even though it may only be a "hamster"
    It is still a pet and deserves to be given proper care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mom's 81 yr old b/f in a coma family won't let him go [ 8 Answers ]

My parents were married 45 years when my father passed away. Less than a year after he passed my mom starting dating. She found an 81 year old man whom we all came to accept as if he were a member of our family. He has done so much for my mom and our family - not materialistically but mentally...

Repayment of loan difficult as debtor is in a coma [ 7 Answers ]

Several years ago, I made a personal loan to a friend and waited patiently to be paid back. A few months ago, he was ready to pay half and then pay the rest soon, ($10,000 total) so I felt confident it was going to work out. A month after that agreement, however, he went into a coma from which he...

Hamster [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm just wondering. I have a female syrian hamster and she is 8 weeks roughly mmmm She is vey nervous and she has bit me once but I want to tame her. Do you know why they make growling noises because she is doing that when she bites the bars and scratches. Plus I want to get her used to...

View more questions Search