Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sylvia777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2009, 06:21 AM
    Too much pepper
    I put too much white pepper in my pea soup.

Can I add something to make it taste less peppery?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2009, 06:36 AM

If you used a chicken stock for your base you may want to add some more stock and cook it down so you get the desired thickness.
    Sorry that is all I can guess at.Maybe someone else will come along with a better answer.
    oscarlicous Posts: 154, Reputation: 10

May 19, 2009, 08:11 AM

Um. Well I really haven't had pea soup so maybe you can add favoring or maybe some spices. I'm not very good at fixing things that I haven't had. Sorry :(
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2009, 01:21 PM

Maybe add more peas to "dilute" the pepper some. Then you'll have leftovers to freeze. :)
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2009, 01:30 PM
    I've heard that you can add a potato to soak up salt, so maybe it would work also for the white pepper. Or it just might take out all the salt.:confused:

Adding more broth to the mix sounds like a sure fire idea to me, that's what I usually do.:)
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2009, 01:34 PM
    I just looked on line and many people swear by lemon or lemon juice and then sugar to offset the lemon. I would do it a little at a time:)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2009, 12:36 PM

Everybody has good suggestions.
    Sometimes ginger will take away the hot from too spicy of foods but it doesn't taste good with some things.
    lshadylady Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jul 13, 2009, 07:49 PM

Wine takes the heat out of too much red pepper in spaghetti sauce. I would try white wine.
    Add a little to a small amount and cook the alcohol off then taste it to see if it works and if it doesn't ruin the taste for you. SS
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 13, 2009, 07:52 PM
    As the OP's post was in May, and she/he has not returned, I assume she/he either ate the soup or tossed it out. Either way, after 2 months, the soup would be no good.

Thread Closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Too much pepper [ 2 Answers ]

How do you cut the taste of too much pepper in jar of Bruschutta?

Dr. Pepper bottle [ 2 Answers ]

What is the value of a Dr Pepper bottle with a clock on the back with 10, 2, and 4? The writing is in raised glass and was made in Kokomo, IN.

1st dr pepper bottles [ 2 Answers ]

What are old (opened) dr pepper bottles worth? Ones with the 10, 2, and 4 on the front Thank you, Jess

Too much pepper in food [ 5 Answers ]

There is too much pepper in my savoury mince dish, what can I do to make it less peppery?

Too much pepper [ 3 Answers ]

Is there anything to be done when your sauce is too hot. Too much black pepper.:eek:

View more questions Search