Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janeybird Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2009, 04:01 AM
    My daughter wants to change her surname.
    My daughter is 8 and wants to change her surname, does she have to get permission from her father,
    From jane
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 19, 2009, 04:37 AM

Yes. A Birth certificate is a legal document. To change it requires a court of law. Her legal father would need to give permission.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do we change my daughters surname? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, my daughter is 2 and a half years old I was with her father (grant) until she was 4 months old but not married, he doesn't see her and now I am happy with another man and have been for a while. But grant is on my daughters birth certificate and she has grants surname, how do I change her...

Child's Surname Change. [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter would like to change my grandson's surname to be the same as her her surname instead of the father's surname (they were never married). The father's surname is not on the birth certificate, so how can this be done without involving him?

Can I change my son's surname on his birth certificate [ 12 Answers ]

My son was born in 2001 and due to very personal circumstances his father remains unknown. At the time of his birth I gave him my married surname because that is the name I was using then. I have since gone back to my maiden name and would like to have his surname changed to MY maiden name as well,...

Change of surname of my child [ 6 Answers ]

I have a daughter and I didn't married her father. But I had my baby's surname after her father's. Now. Her father and I broke up because our relationship isn't really working. I would just like to ask the process of what do I need to do to change my baby's name after mine. What are the laws and...

View more questions Search