Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    perplexed1 Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

May 18, 2009, 09:51 PM
    Would this be too forward?
    All right, so back on New Year's I was at a party and met an amazing girl. Beautiful, smart, ambitious, interested in the same things I am, and completely different from anyone I've ever known. We talked for about 2 hours that night, but nothing happened because she was the driver for her group of friends. I managed to get her name and number, but she goes to school in NYC and I'm in Boston. She lives near Boston so I asked her that if she was ever in the area if she wanted to get coffee or something. She said she wouldn't be around for a while but told me to let her know if I was ever in NYC. We talked briefly when she wished me happy birthday but that's about it.

My question is that now that it's summer and we'll both be nearby, would it be too forward for me to reach out to her and ask to meet up sometime? I was thinking something low key like coffee again, or maybe even dinner. I'm just worried about coming across as a creeper / sketchball so I don't want to do anything that'll come across that way.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2009, 10:41 PM

I would say to invite her to dinner while she's home for the summer. Or invite her to a summer concert or festival if you know what she enjoys.

I don't think there's anything creepy about inviting a woman on a date, particularly if you connected and she provided you with her number.

She has the option to say "no", and probably won't use it.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 19, 2009, 09:37 AM

It doesn't sound like you've spoken to her since approximately New Years. So I suggest that you follow up with the coffee idea.

I'm not sure how close (distance wise) you guys are, but it doesn't sound like she's going to make a long trip just to see you, so be prepared to do the travelling, especially in the beginning.

Why didn't you guys keep in touch by phone or IM?

May 19, 2009, 09:40 AM

We haven't really had a conversation since mid January. We're about half an hour apart now. I was incredibly busy last semester, and I also got involved with someone else briefly for a few months. I'll try the coffee thing I think.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2009, 09:40 AM

The Worse she can say is No. Go for it.

Jul 1, 2009, 06:48 PM

Hey, so kind of an update. We tried to meet up in may but she had to cancel last minute (she had a legit reason), but then I asked her to a concert in my hometown in August which is 2 hrs from ny and she said yes. Since then we've still been in touch pretty regularly, but only via the internet, nothing on the phone. I also get the feeling like I'm always the one to initiate conversation, but I haven't really tested it . Basically I really have no idea where it's going right now, but normally my gut is right, and I'm getting the feeling that she likes me, but that nothing's going to happen because of the distance
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2009, 06:53 PM
    There's nothing "creepy" or "sketchy" about meeting up with an acquaintance for coffee or dinner. She may or may not remember you after 6 months but there's no harm in trying. She just might appreciate having a chance to see you again.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 1, 2009, 07:11 PM

Around here, guys calls up girls they just barely meet and ask them to sleep over. ( I guess depending on your age) You will never date if you don't ask them.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 1, 2009, 07:35 PM

Go for it. What have you got to lose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Forward shoulders [ 1 Answers ]

I fell when I was about 6 years old on my back and I remember not being breathing for sometime I think as a results I have slight protruding upper rips cage and rotating/forward shoulders Is there any way to correct that? Do forwarding shoulders make the shoulders look narrow? Can it be fixed...

Too forward maybe? [ 7 Answers ]

I was on a date with another guy. While sitting at the bar, we started talking to a couple next to us. They were on a second date. Well... I found the other guy extremely attractive and wanted to know more about him. So... he told me he is a member of an online dating site. I emailed him when...

Forward as attachment [ 3 Answers ]

Is it still possible to forward a single email as an attachment using Microsoft Office 2003? I've recently started using BlueSecurity.com and I frequently need forward a single piece of spam to them but I can't find the forward as attachment option. If I select two or more emails they will send...

Forward ports [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I have forwared a port on my router and I now need to forward a port in my firewall program ( zone alarm ) and my virus program ( Avg free adition ) does anyone know how to do this

View more questions Search