Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tiffyb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2009, 08:33 PM
    I would like to know my brother is 18 can he get custody of me?
    I am 16 years of age I live in New York long island, I would like to know if my brother who is 18 can take custody of me and if he does can we still live in the same household as our mother. We do not get along with her though we keep to ourselves but she had told me tonight on may 18, 2009 for me to go survive on my own so we were thinking of my brother to take custody of me

And if he can, will he be concerted as my parent? And if he is can he sign me out of school because I will be dropping out

Please help

A lot of information will help
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 19, 2009, 05:54 AM

Can your brother get custody of you? Probably not. Usually that is only done in cases of abuse, and you just don't get along with your mother. If it were abuse, you can be absolutely certain you wouldn't still be allowed to both live with her!

Honey--there is more to what is going on with you than you've stated here.

Want to give us the WHOLE story so that we can help you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to get custody over younger brother [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Im 18 years old and I have a brother that is 15 both our mother and father is dead he is now in a program in ft. lauderdale. I want to get custody over him. Please give me advice on what to do.

Can I at age 19 get custody of my brother who is 16 in Colorado? [ 1 Answers ]

Please it's a long situation... I am 19 years old and adopted... I have 5 other brothers and sisters that are in a tight spot. But one of my brothers is particular that I am worried about has runaway before I want to have custody of because my parents call the police on him and are really...

My brother is stuck in a custody battle [ 15 Answers ]

Hello, and I apologize in advance for the length of this. I have spent the last few days looking up everything I can find to help my brother in his time of need. He has a 6 month old daughter that he loves with all of his heart, He is a wonderful man and always has been. He has worked for one of...

Custody of my brother [ 1 Answers ]

My brother lives with my grandparents they have guardianship of him, but he wants to live with me and my fiancé and 2 1/2 month old baby.He is 14 years old, my question is what do I have to do to get custody of my brother?

Can I get custody of my brother [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Pennsylvania and I have a 2 year old brother which is by my father not my mother well my father and his girlfriend do drugs like shooting up the bad kind and it caught up with them my dad got into a bad deal and he almost died well he is being put up on drug charges and his girlfriend is...

View more questions Search