Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cassey123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2009, 02:19 PM
    My sons right to see his daughter when she is born
    My son and his girlfriend have recently split up , and have a baby daughter due to arrive in around two weeks

They are unable to live together .
    They were abusing each other I e hurling abuse, not to mention dinner plates.
    I am glad they are not together,unfortunately my son is so looking forward to seeing his daughter as soon as possible ,he wants to be a part of his daughters life .
    He is not at present working full time so has little money /
    He is desperate to see her .
    What can he do ?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 18, 2009, 03:39 PM
    <moved to family law>
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 18, 2009, 03:41 PM

The first thing he needs to do os go to court right after the baby is born to establish paternity, custody and visitation.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 18, 2009, 05:16 PM

Since the birth is 2 weeks away its not likely you can get the courts to move that fast for this situation and they won't order him into the delivery room. He need to file as Scott has said and take it one step at a time. He also needs to be prepared to pay child support etc.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 18, 2009, 05:19 PM

When the child is born, he files for visit rights and gets court ordered visits ( this will be with the child not the mother) at that time state ordered child support will be ordered, so he needs to get a job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Daughter born, married but not to baby's father [ 5 Answers ]

I am having a baby in North Dakota and I don't know what I should but on the birth certificate. I am married but have been separated for some time, planning on divorce. I am pregnant with another mans child and will deliver soon. Can I put this other man on my child's birth certificate. What do...

My daughter was born at 35 weeks. What activities should she be doing? [ 1 Answers ]

She Was Born At 35 Weeks She Will Be 3 Months On The 19 Of August. What Activities Should She Be Doing?

Unmarried sons rights to his 2week old daughter [ 9 Answers ]

My sons ex girlfriend is saying his visiting rights are only for 2 hours every Sunday.Hopefully he will go with her next week to get the birth registered and his name will be put on the certificate as the fathers.What are his rights to see his daughter and need he get solicitors involved.

View more questions Search