Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buggerme1976 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Sep 30, 2006, 03:02 AM
    I think I'm pregnant
    Hello all,
    I had my Merina (IUD) removed on 11/8/06 and was told by my doctor that I would get a period within a few weeks. I got it on 7/9/06 but it was very light and only lasted for 3 day's on and off. My husband and I have been having regular sex since the removal and after the light period I decided to do a hpt on the 29/9/06 this was negative. I have been feeling sick every night for the past 3 day's and also having bloting and some slight cramping pains in my lower abdoman. I have had 3 dizzy spells and a few headaches as well so being this will be my 4th child I am thinking I may be pregnant but as it has been 4 years since my last child I can't remember how it felt.
    I am confused as the hpt came up negative but I feel like I am pregnant.
    I can't get in to see my dr till 19/10/06 and I really want to know if I am.
    Any one want to take a stab at this??
    Cheers
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 30, 2006, 06:50 AM
    It very well could be that you are pregnant and the HPT gave you a false negative. HPTs give more false negatives than they do false positives.

You may not have enough hcg hormone built up for the HPT to detect yet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could I be pregnant? [ 10 Answers ]

Is it possible to be pregnant even with my period so irregular? My last period was January 2006, and I didn't have my period in Feb, and March, but I believe I conceived sometime in April. But I have been having all the symptoms, cramping, nausea, vomiting, my friends tell me my stomach is getting...

Can I be Pregnant? [ 9 Answers ]

I have 2 questions... I have taken a home pregnancy test and have come up negative. I am approximately 2 weeks late for my menstrual cycle. Could I be pregnant and they tests just not detecting the pregnancy hormone? Also, if I am not pregnant and I have just missed this month's period, can I still...

Pregnant? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I'm 22 and on feb 24 I had a reg period but in mar I came on early da 22 and it was barely any bleeding and it was light pink I used a panty liner the whole time now April I didn't come on until the 21st the same thing extra light and only for two days.I took 4 hpt's and all said negative do...

Could I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

My period is almost a week late which is unusual for me. I am usually 29 and 32 days between cycles. My breasts are not swollen or tender but are a little sensitive after intercourse. I had an irregular period at the beginning of February. I have taken two pregnancy tests (one before missed...

View more questions Search