Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slkmlk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 10:35 PM
    How do I phrase the invite when we're having two ceremonies?
    My fiance's family is very religious and insists we have a church wedding in the family church. The ceremony will be in Aramaic and doesn't include vows/kissing the bride, so to have the best of both worlds, we decided we would also have a civil ceremony. The church ceremony will be held on Saturday, and the civil ceremony, along with the reception (same venue), will be held on Sunday. While we don't expect everyone to come to the church ceremony, we would like to include it in the invites. How can we make the text flow/not sound confusing with two days and two ceremonies? Any suggestions?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 18, 2009, 04:12 AM

You could do the regular invite for the ceremony in the church, and then include a card saying there will be a civil ceremony (and where and the time).

Ms tickle
    slkmlk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2009, 04:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    You could do the regular invite for the ceremony in the church, and then include a card saying there will be a civil ceremony (and where and the time).

ms tickle
    Thanks for the idea. It makes a lot of sense since the ceremony is normally on the invite and the reception is on an insert card. Just a follow up question. Since the "big day" is really the day of the civil ceremony (same day/place as the reception), would it be confusing to only have the date of the church ceremony on the invite, and then the date of the civil ceremony/reception on the card? Obviously, I only need firm RSVP numbers for the date of the reception...

Thanks again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two ceremonies [ 3 Answers ]

I have had to postpone my wedding two years ago and now we have everything in order I wanted to get married as soon as possible. We are planning of going to a destination and get married at my brother's place inviting our kids from previous marriages and only family menbers in that location and...

I want to invite him over,but what would we do? [ 4 Answers ]

OK I really like this guy and he really likes me(so he says) and I want to invite him to hang out over at my house but what would we do?I don't want to be a couch potato and just plop down to watch TV,that's boring but I have no idea what else we would do!! I know what to do if we go out and hang...

Wedding ceremonies [ 1 Answers ]

Do wedding ceremonies influence the demand and supply of television program ?

View more questions Search