Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ahud Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 05:57 PM
    Underwater welding Contract length?
    I was just curious as to how long an average job is for an underwater welder? For example I live in Hawaii, could I got do a contract job as an underwater welder then come home and surf for a few months until my money is gone then go do another job? That is hypethetical but I am just trying to get some info from someone who has done it on how long you at a certaing location? Do you stay there until the job is done? Do you commonly live where the work is or do you locate there when you are assigned a contract/job? Basically any info is helpful I am just trying to generate as much info as possible before I take the plunge and pay the money for Commercial diving school. Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 17, 2009, 06:28 PM

Most of the divers I knew often were just employees, they often go from job to job, I would guess that after you get real good and have a lot of experience, you may be able to name some of your own terms.

Also the pay is often not what you may think esp at first and will also depend on fresh or salt water and the depth you are welding at.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Underwater welding [ 5 Answers ]

My name is Patrick. I am 23 years old, and I was considering a career in commercial diving and specializing in underwater welding. Does anyone have any advice for me before I spend all of my money enrolling in a diving academy. Things such as: how much they make, available job opportunities and...

Underwater Welding [ 6 Answers ]

How much does it pay to be an underwater welder?

Underwater welding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi people! Can anyone help? I would love to train as an underwater welder but can only find schools in the USA is there anywhere in the UK or Ireland that do this? Please help!

Underwater welding near me? [ 1 Answers ]

Can some one tell me of a underwater welding school in Texas I can't seem to find one when I serch for them?

View more questions Search