Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kghips Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 03:43 PM
    401k for daughters junior college tuition
    Can I use a 401k withdrawal to pay for tuition to a junior college for my daughter?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 17, 2009, 03:44 PM

Yes, but that is the worst idea I have ever heard. Don't mess with your 401(k)!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401k for child college tuition [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to withdraw funds from my IRA to use for my child college expenses? Would there be any penalties, would I be taxed, do I need to re-pay it? This was a rollover from a previous employer and was invested through morgan keegan as an IRA. Two years later, instead of growing, it had...

College student w/o w-2 but can I file tax to get college tuition credits back? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a college student with no job income(no W-2 form) but do have few dollars of interest earned from saving account(1099-INT form). I know I do not have to file tax return since the income is extremely low. But I heard if I file tax return then I can get few hundreds of college tuition...

401k rollover deduction for daughters college tuition [ 7 Answers ]

I am over 59.5 years. Can I withdraw 401k rollover dollars tax free to pay my daughter's college tuition? If yes what IRS form(s) do I use? [email protected]

She's a junior, I'm off to college. LDR's [ 1 Answers ]

Long Distance relationships. It's the same girl from my previous stories.(we're back to "talkin" now) I still don't trust her, so should I just call this relationship/friendship quits or try to work it out?

Withdrawal from 401k for child's college tuition [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to confirm something for my brother. In 2006 he did an early withdrawal from his 401k of $5,000.00 to go towards his daughter's first year of college tuition. What ax liability his he facing?

View more questions Search