Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    used2xs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2010, 08:11 AM
    The fan relay could be stuck,fused/melted, in the closed position. I have the same problem but the relay is visibly melted. My relay goes for about $132 to $150, about half the price of a control board.
    phakala7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2012, 06:42 PM
    How much extra can this cost you a month.. the same thing is happening to us?
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2012, 07:02 PM
    I run my blower 24/7/365 for the last 4 years. My electric bill dropped $20 a month when I did this and the house stayed more comfortable from air movement and mixing whole house temps. The blowers are made to run all the time with out damaging it. Its actually better on it to run than all the starts and stops it will do otherwise.
    2012cindy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2012, 07:27 PM
    If I run my heater and the blower stays on, will that be safe? I have 4 children that's why Im asking. I see you said you have ran yours for 4 years like that.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 13, 2012, 05:58 PM
    Hi cindy. Are you saying you want to run your blower all the time (if so, yes you are perfectly safe doing this) or are you saying your blower is running constantly running even when you don't want it too? If that is the case, there is a problem with the fan control portion of the system, and although it may not be a health hazard, it should be fixed to allow proper operation of the system.
    shrop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2013, 08:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirlsdad77 View Post
    Your rollout switch has the red wires going to it and is located at top side of burner area, there should be a little reset button in the middle of it, try pusing this button and see if it clicks. The high limit also has red wires going to it, it is located on the heat exchanger wall behind the gas valve. It has the bluish green sticker on it. Your model may aslo have a limit mounted on the blower fan housing, it should have red wires going to it also if you have one.
    I am having a similar problem. But I can't find a rollout switch. Do all units have this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rheem Central A/C Unit -- Outside Fan Runs Constantly [ 7 Answers ]

Our unit is a RHEEM Classic and was manufactured in 2000. Model #RAMB-048-JAZ The outside fan never turns off. The inside unit runs as it should and cycles on and off appropriately and the A/C cools great. The problem is that we have to go out and remove the disconnect (breaker) outside in order...

Gas furnace runs constantly [ 3 Answers ]

This relates to a problem I'm having with my gas furnace. I took a power hit and ever since then the blower on my furnace continually runs when I have the thermostate set at off and fan on auto. I repalced the thermostate no help. I did notice the fan runs slightly faster when I switch it from auto...

Fan runs constantly [ 3 Answers ]

The fan on my Carrier runs non-stop. The burner kicks on from time-to-time, but the fan is a constant. It never did this until a few weeks ago (settings didn't change). I put new batteries in the thermostat to see if that would help - it didn't. Any ideas to get the fan to shut off?

Intertherm Inc. Model 9007590 heating/ac unit fan runs constantly when on 'cool'. [ 2 Answers ]

I recently moved into a mobile home that has an Intertherm Inc. Model 9007590 Heating/Cooling unit. I am trying to use the AC and when I turn both the thermostat and the unit to 'cool' the fan will not shut off on the unit. I have turned the thermostat up to 80 and it still runs. How do I get it...

AC fan runs constantly [ 4 Answers ]

Just bought a new home last fall and noticed that the AC fan was running constantly. Replaced the old thermostat with a programmable version. Didn't really use the air much after that but it has been working the heat pump all winter with no problems. Now we are starting to use the AC again and...

View more questions Search