Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    activeguy11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 11:43 AM
    Rain entering from under sliding glass doors
    I live in a 3 story town house directly facing the ocean.
    Whenever there is a strong rainstorm, with a wind off the ocean I experience lots of water bubbling up from under the sliding glass doors on the third floor facing the ocean.
    I've tried both sealant and sandbags. - Nothing seems to work.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2009, 02:39 PM

Hi activeguy11

Is water coming in between door and sill plate?

Or is it coming in under sill plate?

Chuck
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 20, 2009, 05:41 PM

You either have a cheap door or a cheap installation of a door. Membranes and sealants are require to be used in rpoper sequence on a door facing the weather. Somebody screwed up. Forget the sand bags unless you live in New Orleans, I'd take out the door frame and if it a good door reinstall proiperly with membrane. If its junk buy the best door you can afford.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sliding glass doors [ 2 Answers ]

I recently replaced the old rollers with new rollers on a older sliding glass door. I had to take the frame apart (both sides and bottom) so I could get to the rollers. I had a really hard time putting the sides back on because the rubber gasket would not stay in place. Is there a trick to...

Sliding closet doors [ 2 Answers ]

Need to know how to put sliding closet door back onto track, is there a trick to it. I have tried everything:confused:

Sliding shower doors [ 1 Answers ]

I Need Step By Step Directions On Installing Sliding Shower Doors, I Think One Is Stationary.someone Took All The Frame Down And Now I Need To Put It Back Together, I'm Not Quite Sure How?

Sliding Barn Doors [ 4 Answers ]

I am going to build a double door for a barn that slides on channel. The will each be 6' wide and 12' tall. Any thing I need to know?

Old sliding glass doors [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all. I have a four panel sliding glass door from the 60’s The outside panels are fixed with the middle panels sliding. The doors are single glass. The frame channels are wide. Is there a way to replace the single glass with a thermal pane glass? Is this cost effective. I do...

View more questions Search