Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 6, 2009, 05:56 PM
    By the way... if it seems like its easy for us to give advice... like leaving a person you care about is nothing... its not like that.

I can't speak for the rest, but I've done more than my fair share of dumb things for like, lust, and love.

So... when I say "really? you are trying to hold on why?"... it isn't because I can't relate... its because I've tried to hold on and only later, after much unnecessary emotional baggage was checked, did I realize

"wow... now THAT was dumb of me to do"...

So...

Unless you can show me how this guy, who has told you directly that he isn't leaving her, has your best interest in mind... I just don't know what else to say other than get out now or sooner.

Its what id tell my best friend. What id tell a sister.

We aren't saying its easy to do what you need to do... but knowing what you need to do isn't all that complicated.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 6, 2009, 09:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Audette View Post
    Thanx guyz for the advise.It means a lot but am i wrong for wanting to know if its really over?
    Yes you are. You are very wrong, because his actions have spoken, but your not listening.

Sorry to be harsh, but sometimes you have to understand the non verbal language as well as words.
    Audette Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2009, 01:54 PM
    Dating a someone who is involved
    Threads merged

Its been a week since I spoke to him.I've tried very hard 2 put all the advice given to me 2 good use bt its easier said than done.Im really hurting.I didn't know how strongly I felt about him until quite recently.I miss him so much I know I shouldn't bt I do

I have been sleeping this guy who is involved.I really like him a lot and he wants us to start dating like seriously.I mean the sex is great but I can't stop thinking about his galfrend.should I continue or just end it before a lot of people get hurt?
    ajGambino Posts: 317, Reputation: 97

May 8, 2009, 02:43 PM

A week is a good start. I'm sorry for your pain and suffering but it's all part of the healing process. When you said you didn't know how strongly you felt about him, you didn't realize how much you relied on him to give you happiness. Try to find what makes you happy, without him. Get yourself back, you deserve that much.

You're going to miss him... you're going to miss him for a long time but each passing day will make it easier. Try to pass the day with friends and family because they will always be there for you and never leave.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 17, 2009, 11:37 AM

No not at all.

They are currently dating someone and therefore "off the market".

If you engaged in a relationship with this person it would mean they are cheating on their current partner...
    Would you want to be with someone who is a cheater?
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2009, 11:47 AM

What do you think?
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

May 17, 2009, 11:51 AM

To put it simply, NO.

You should have already known the answer to that no brainer.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2009, 11:51 AM

It is morally wrong and will never lead to anything good.
    A relationship that begins with deceit usually has a very bad outcome.
    Audette Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 11:56 AM
    I think it depends on whether the person is married or in a serious relationship because if sum1 is married that's a no go zone bt if you are just dating I don't c a problem with dating sum1 like that.
    taoplr Posts: 415, Reputation: 144

May 17, 2009, 11:58 AM

If they are married, living together, or otherwise committed, No.

May 17, 2009, 12:14 PM

I think it depends on whether the person is married or in a serious relationship because if sum1 is married that's a no go zone bt if you are just dating i don't c a problem with dating sum1 like that.
    I'm sorry but I am going to have to heavily disagree.

How would you feel if your boyfriend or girlfriend was cheating on you while in a relationship? If you don't ant others to do it to you then don't do it to others.

Plus any person willing to cheat on a boyfriend/girlfriend they are likely to carry those habits into marriage.

Also marriage comes from the union of two people who love and trust one other. If your too busy hitting the sack with someone else then you do you expect to keep a relationship that will make it into marriage.

I'd rather not even look at a cheating loser if I could help it. I certainly wouldn't stay with one. I personally prefer morals and values. I have a higher opinion of spiders then cheaters and trust me, you could not get me near a spider.
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2009, 12:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxkit View Post
    I'm sorry but I am going to have to heavily disagree.

How would you feel if your boyfriend or girlfriend was cheating on you while in a relationship? If you don't ant others to do it to you then don't do it to others.

Plus any person willing to cheat on a boyfriend/girlfriend they are likely to carry those habits into marriage.

Also marriage comes from the union of two people who love and trust one other. If your too busy hitting the sack with someone else then you do you expect to keep a relationship that will make it into marriage.

I'd rather not even look at a cheating loser if I could help it. I certainly wouldn't stay with one. I personally prefer morals and values. I have a higher opinion of spiders then cheaters and trust me, you could not get me near a spider.
    Can't rep you but I could not agree more!
    Uber Member

May 17, 2009, 12:26 PM

Like I've said many times before...

Would you honestly trust this guy in a relationship..
    He is currently cheating on his girlfriend, what makes you think he wouldn't cheat on you?

Definitely end it.
    Uber Member

May 17, 2009, 12:28 PM

Ok, I just realised you posted the same question twice...
    Didn't like the other answers?
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2009, 12:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Audette View Post
    I think it depends on whether the person is married or in a serious relationship coz if sum1 is married thats a no go zone bt if u r just dating i dont c a problem with dating sum1 like dat.
    I have to disagree with your answer.They said this person is involved with someone else.
    If a person is in a relationship,even if they are not married,they should be true to that person ,unless they have an agreement that dating outside the relationship is allowed.

Please also read the rules regarding chat speak.Thank-you.

May 17, 2009, 12:30 PM

Yes, you should end it or everyone here will be hurt.

If he is so quick to sleep with you then what is he going to do if you do start seriously dating him? Why wouldn't he cheat on you just the same?

Put yourself in her shoes, how would you feel? Think about it hard because those feeling will be made reality if you start dating him and become the girlfriend in the same scenario another woman is asking about.

You must also consider the health risks to dating a man that is very unscrupulous in his sex life. He may not just give you a broken heart if he cheats on you but another, much more lasting gift. AIDS for instance. Maybe herpes. The list of STD's is pretty scary actually.
    Uber Member

May 17, 2009, 12:32 PM
    He has a girlfriend but he has asked her to date him seriously...

I have absolutely no respect for a man that does this...
    He is staying with his current girlfriend and using her as a 'safety net' in case you say no.

Would you really want to be with someone who is a liar and a cheat?
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2009, 12:32 PM
    Just end it. Don't be a cheater. Takes 2 to have cheating going on. How can you be with someone that is with 2 different people?

May 17, 2009, 12:34 PM

Exactly. If you are going to choose who you are going to be with why knowingly choose a lying scumbag?
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2009, 01:30 PM

How would you like it if you had a girlfriend that decided to cheat on you by dating someone else? Is this called a two timer?

This girl is two timing her boyfriend and I feel sorry for him.

So a simple soluation to this problem would be you doing the manly thing by asking her boyfriend if it is okay for you date her since they aren't married.

Personally I never play the sidelines and Karma will catch up to you and this girl. Play with fire and your only get burnt in the end. Believe me!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting them involved [ 9 Answers ]

My mother has my birth cirtificate and social security card and refuses to give them to me. I am 16 and not living at home with her or my father. I need them to open a bank account and get a picture id and to start my emancipation prosses. Being that they are mine and belong to me if I ask a cop to...

Teen Dating girl dating younger boy? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm a 15 year old girl turning 16 in September and I'm in year 10. This boy who I think is reallly cute asked me out the only problem is I found out that he is turning 14 and in year 7! Would it be wrong if I Went out with him considering there is a 2 yr age difference?? :confused:

We're dating, but he posted on a dating site! [ 11 Answers ]

We've only been dating for about a month or so. The first couple of weeks, he called me every day, sometimes twice a day. Then it was less frequent. I assumed he didn't have the guts to break it off, so I stopped calling him and he wouldn't call me for a few days, but he always called. Said...

How were we involved [ 12 Answers ]

How was the United States involved in WW2?? also when did we get involved??

Should I get involved? [ 1 Answers ]

My best friend is dating my cousin which is also a really good friend of mine. This is my bff's first boyfriend and since I have had a lot she turns to me for advice. Her and my cousin are in a fight and they are both asking me for advice. I don't want to take sides but I really think I should help...

View more questions Search