Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sid_Kaufman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2003, 06:43 AM
    Downloading problem Win 98
    Hi,
    For some reason unknown to me, I have recently been unable to execute files downloaded from the Internet. I am able to download and save a file such as *.exe but unable to execute it. I note that the file has been changed to *.exe.DES and I am unable to remove the .DES extension.
    Using Widows 98
    Hope someone has the answer to this.
    Thanks in advance,
    Sid
    i_love_to_listen Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2003, 07:11 PM
    Unfortunately I do not know how to solve the issue, but you can rename the downloaded files in DOS to remove the DES extension
    Fang1940 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2003, 07:47 PM
    You may want to check your system for a virus..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help downloading please [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My husband downloads music for his own private use off IMESH and had no problems until we installed new p.c now when his download gets to 98% they all stop and don't reconnect to finish download. I have tried imesh forums and FAQ and fowlled advice. But nobody answering my question. FAQ never...

No downloading [ 1 Answers ]

[i was wondering if there were any sites where you could listen to full length songs without downloading anything. my computer is already slow and i dont really want to make it worse.HELP!! thanx :D

Downloading Problem [ 16 Answers ]

Win XP, AOL dialup. Zone Alarm firewall, Avast! Anti Virus. No viruses. I have started having problems downloading anything from the net.. even quite small programs. Everything looks normal but the marker on the download window doesn't move (though the pages fly) and in the end I have to give up...

Problems with downloading [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Hope some one can help please, I downloaded Imesh sftware for sharing and downloading music, evrytime I put imesh on after a couple of minutes I get this message Access Violation AT address 70140894 in module RPCRT4.DLL: Read of address 008C0D8F Does anyone know what thiss means? Ialso keep...

View more questions Search