Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Delos Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 09:04 AM
    Can someone explain step by step how to make x the subject in an exponential equation
    Can someone explain step by step how to make x the subject in an exponential equation?

I know the general form is y = ae^kx
    So the just say I need to find out at what time would the experiment be at its half life which is 50, so I sub 50 into the following equation:

y = 92.776e^(-0.701t)
    50=92.776e^(-0.701t)

I'm really bad at exponentials, could someone help? Step by step would be much appreciated :)

also another question,

lnY= mX + ln k

What is the step by step method to make Y the subject? :)
    Thank you in advance...

DD
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

May 17, 2009, 09:15 AM

Ok, here it goes:

Put log on both sides:

However, I don't quite know what you want concerning the half life.

For the second one,

It's the reverse of the previous process; here's the rule:

Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2009, 09:51 AM
    [QUOTE]Can someone explain step by step how to make x the subject in an exponential equation?
    /QUOTE]

Just remember that

That removes the exponent from the equation and makes it solvable by normal algebra. If it's in the form

you need to take the logarithm of both sides, first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Two step equation [ 1 Answers ]

hey I am an math and american govrnment teacher and I forgot my worksheet and I am noyt good at the 2 step equation so I was hoping u will answers this for me :):)

Mutli-step and single-step income statement [ 1 Answers ]

I have to prepare a multiple-step income statement and a single-step income statement for Elwes and Wright for the year 2007. The information I have is: Administrative expense Officers' salaries $4,900 Depreciation of office furniture and equipment 3,960 Cost of Goods Sold 60,570...

Step child's rights to step Parents estate [ 5 Answers ]

I was living with my mother and Step father for the past 2 years. My mother died in December 07 and then my Step father died January 08. I have still been living in their house Which was my step fathers before my mother married him they were married 9 years. Now my Step brother and Step sister want...

View more questions Search