Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    capperjohn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 08:21 AM
    Removing moen faucet handle
    Hoe do I remove the plastic cover from a Moen Shower Faucet?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2009, 08:38 AM

Hello Capperjohn,

Rmove the plastic cap with a flat screw driver or a knife, remove the screw and the handle, open the links below will give an idea, Thanks.

John

http://www.plumbingpartsdepot.com/moenchateautub.pdf

http://www.plumbingpartsdepot.com/moenlegendtub.pdf
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

May 17, 2009, 09:05 AM
    Hi all:

You can use a flat blade screwdriver and PRY the cap off or sometimes I'll use a utility knife blade.. but be careful as the blade can chip and cause injury to eyes.

Cap just "pops" out.

MARK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Hot Water in Shower - Moen Single Handle Faucet [ 38 Answers ]

I've read most of the questions on this website about this matter, but I'm still confused. I pulled off the handle and wall plate. But what do I do after that? I see a small (4 inch approx.) hole in the wall with a "unit" that looks like a cartridge that holds the handle. I can turn it to hot...

Removing handle from a Moen single-handle shower [ 5 Answers ]

The shower is dripping and I am trying to get to the stem by removing the handle. I can see a set screw recessed into the bottom of the handle. I have tried an allen wrench but bent it without any success.

Moen Single Handle faucet lubricant [ 2 Answers ]

I am changing out the cartridge on a Moen single handle positemp shower faucet. I am wondering what type and how much lubricant I should be using on the cartridge prior to inserting it in the "pipe". The package seems to be concerned about using silicaon lubricant.

Removing faucet handle after removing screw on top [ 7 Answers ]

My hot water is leaking.. I remove the top screw on the handle; the handle won`t come off.. should I try and pry it off or is there another screw somewhere that I don`t know about? This is a two handle-one spout faucet.

Moen two handle faucet - no cold water [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a whirlpool tub with a 2 handle Moen faucet that apparently worked fine earlier this week (thinking about it, I have never used this tub since moving in close to 2 years ago!). The problem is the cold water handle only delivers a trickle of water. I have found the water...

View more questions Search