Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlv cleaning Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 06:28 AM
    Cleaning office
    I have started a office cleaning business but don't have any clients yet.I have put out fliers,set up my website and put business cards out.havent got any clients yet so what am I doing wrong or is it something else I need to do to get the traffic coming my way
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 17, 2009, 07:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlv cleaning View Post
    so what am i doing wrong or is it something else i need to do to get the traffic coming my way
    Hello j:

What you're doing isn't wrong - it's just not enough.

You need to make PERSONAL CONTACT with your potential clients. And, you may need to visit them lots of times too, before and/or if you get the account.

excon
    Cleaningman23 Posts: 255, Reputation: 5

May 17, 2009, 09:55 AM

J,
    Ok lets sort this out.
    First off.. May I see your webpage...
    Where are you putting these cards and other things for you business?
    Did you ask any friends or family if they knew of anyone needing cleaning?
    What do your flyers or cards say on them?
    jlv cleaning Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 12:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaningman23 View Post
    J,
    Ok lets sort this out.
    First off.. May I see your webpage...
    Where are you putting these cards and other things for you business?
    Did you ask any friends or family if they knew of anyone needing cleaning?
    What do your flyers or cards say on them?
    My webpage is JLV Dreamteam Cleaning Services,LLC - Home

My fliers say

After a long week,do you really want to spend your day off HOUSECLEANING I will clean you home or office for you.Weekly
    Monthly
    One-time cleaning

I provide my owmn cleaning supplies
    Please call,

Then I have my business name and phone number.

Am new at this I can use plenty of good advice
    Thanks
    Latrease
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 17, 2009, 09:12 PM

Ex is correct... (Wow, did you catch that compliment Ex?)

You need all the things that you say you have already done, but... you can not just sit back now and expect prospects to just beat a path to your door. You may get responses from your advertising efforts and that is always a good thing. But the 'transmission' that turns the wheels for your business IS personal contact. Knock on those doors today, tomorrow, and the next day... every working day... AND follow up on all the contacts that say that they will "think about it." If you cannot get their names or their phone numbers... well, go see them in person again.

Do you know that most new business start ups fail in the first three years, quite a few in the first year, this is a fact. The main reason is not a lack of desire or ambition it is "do you mean that I have to go get doors slammed in my face?"

If you think that this is something that you can not or will not do then you are probably wasting your time and money. And you will become one of those statistics I mentioned above.

Bottom line; you have to make personal contact, you have to make them trust you, you have to get appointments and in truth, this is the bread and butter of this business.

Strigner
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 18, 2009, 06:43 AM

Ex... it was straight forth and real...

You are usually a man of few words but dead on... (another one!)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New to Office Cleaning how to get contracts [ 5 Answers ]

I recently took over a small office cleaning business from my uncle. He has some clients, machines and is insured. I manage porters and other grounds crew at a hospital and really have no knowledge in the office cleaning business. My question is how do I get new contracts, and what are the...

Office Cleaning Estimate [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I want to know what the average rate is for office cleaning in charlotte NC? I'll really appreciate anyone's help. ;)

Office cleaning bid [ 1 Answers ]

I live in ocean county nj I would like to know how to bid on a 7000 sqft bank 5 days a week

Office cleaning [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, How much is suppose to be the daily charge for an medical office with 15 examination rooms,5 bathrooms,10 private offices,5 specialexamination rooms,staff room with kitchen,storage,reception area,waiting area,approximately 6000 sq,f

Office cleaning [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I have residential and commercial cleaning service and carpet cleaning service 1 years and 6 months,I want to start now office cleaning,but how,I don't have any idea,please help me

View more questions Search