Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 27, 2009, 10:11 AM
    It actually goes both ways kind of princess. Both older (over 40s) and teens run the same types of risks.
    Princess-IMYM Posts: 239, Reputation: 6

May 27, 2009, 10:12 AM

So 20-30 area is best? (theoretically)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 27, 2009, 10:13 AM
    Theoretically speaking yes. There can be complications at any age for a variety of reasons, but the risks are highest for gals under 21.
    Princess-IMYM Posts: 239, Reputation: 6

May 27, 2009, 10:14 AM

Right, so my mam and grandma just scraped it. Thanks =]
    ANB428 Posts: 450, Reputation: 42

May 27, 2009, 10:50 AM

Princess, I know that you are asking what age is a good age to have a child and I just wanted to tell you about myself. I got pregnant at 18 and had my daughter at 19. I didn't have any complications with my pregnancy, thankfully. I didn't, however, realize how hard it would be to raise a child.

I work two jobs and go to school full-time now and have been for the past three years. It is Extremely hard. I was not emotionally, mentally, or physically ready to have a child, but I did anyway.

When I had my daughter, I didn't have a diploma, a job, a stable relationship, or any family support. I have now started working towards my goals and have been supporting my daughter, by myself, while trying to reach my goals and it has been very rough for the past four years and it will continue to be rough until I complete my degree.

So, my advice is to wait until you have found the man that you want to spend the rest of your life with, wait until you have a good job and you don't have to live paycheck to paycheck, wait until you have finished college, or are close to finishing. Don't rush this, I know that you want someone to love you and it is the greatest feeling in the world to have the love of a child, but it is very hard raising a child.

I wish that I would have waited a few more years before I had my daughter. (not that I regret having my daughter at ALL) I wish that I would have been financially stable and that I would have a father figure for my daughter, but I didn't wait. It has made me into the person that I am today, but sometimes it isn't fair to my daughter when she wants to go to Chucky Cheese and I can't take her because I don't have the money or when she asks me where her daddy is and I have to tell her that he is sick and he can't see her until he gets better. (I chose to have a child with a deat beat drug addict and I chose to have a child without a stable job, she didn't choose this life, it was given to her) It sucks that I am not financially stable and I live from paycheck to paycheck. I do support my daughter, but like I said I have to have two jobs in order to do it. It is not easy at ALL. I never have money left over at the end of the month to put into a savings account.

You sound like you are mature for your age and that is great, but don't rush into anything. You have so much life ahead of you. You don't want to have to struggle in life if you don't have to. Good luck.
    harleymaxx Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jun 2, 2009, 06:52 PM

I have read the entire thread and do have to admit I jumped the gun when I posted my first thread. I do apologise for any misgivings I just took a few things a little badly :o. before I put my huffy post in there were some awesome replies, I am very new in here so the moral of the story, which I have learned is "read the whole thread before you jump in too quick".
    In response to j_9 no I am not a nurse, I just know first hand what pregnancy can do to a woman's body, as mine was torturous, I was 35 and now 37 and about to do it again :)
    babwgreen123 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2009, 06:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    You are ready to have a child when you are emotionally and financially ready... my list of requirements are as follows:

You are Married.
    One of you has a permanant full time job.
    You have your own house.
    You have 2 cars. (One for the worker, one incase of emergency)
    Both you and your husband agree that having a child would fulfill your life.
    You have enough savings for emergencies.
    You have already started a schooling fund for your child.
    You have been to parenting classes before you have even conceived.

I could go on and on but I'll stop there. Having a child is a big decision, it's not about whether or not YOU want a child it's about how well you can take CARE of the child.

Most common mistake with teens is that they think having a baby will be 'cute'.
    Yeah I'm sure they are cute for a while but once you have no sleep, no social life, no money, no friends, no partner to help you. Things go downhill fast.
    You don't need to be pregnant there are a lot of solo mothers out there an partners that have a family that anit married I don't no where you come from but here you don't need to be
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 8, 2009, 06:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by babwgreen123 View Post
    you dont need to be pregnant there are alot of solo mothers out there an partners that have a family that anit married i dnt no where u come from but here you dont need to be
    Did you read the list Shaz wrote? Don't you think those things are important if you're considering bringing a child into this world? I do.

A lot of people do without those things, but only one person suffers, the child.
    babwgreen123 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2009, 07:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Did you read the list Shaz wrote? Don't you think those things are important if you're considering bringing a child into this world? I do.

Alot of people do without those things, but only one person suffers, the child.
    Well I think to bring a child into this world all you need to provide is a stable home an invroment finance to provide for the child and supporting family and friends and love for the child you don't need to be married an still be in a loving relationship with your partner an raise the child the same way
    ANB428 Posts: 450, Reputation: 42

Jun 9, 2009, 06:50 AM
    well i think to bring a child into this world all u need to provide is a stable home an invroment finance to provide for the child and supporting family n friends and love for the child u dnt need to be married an still b in a loving relationship with ur partner an raise the child the same way
    First off, chat speak is not allowed on this site and there is a spell check tool available.

Second of all, it does effect the child if there is only one person raising them. It effected me growing up (with a single mother) and it is effecting my child growing up without her father. Yes, there are some people that can raise a child successfully with just themselves (which I am doing), but a child needs both it's mother and father in it's life. Bottom line.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2009, 09:17 AM
    well i think to bring a child into this world all u need to provide is a stable home an invroment finance to provide for the child and supporting family n friends and love for the child u dnt need to be married an still b in a loving relationship with ur partner an raise the child the same way
    As I said before, if you cannot commit to marriage then you cannot commit to a child.

A marriage can be ended, a child cannot so I see a child as a much bigger commitment than marriage and there are people out there who refuse to get married but will happily pop out a kid!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2009, 09:20 AM
    i dnt no where u come from but here you dont need to be
    I think you got that the wrong way around sweetie :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My friend is pregnant but the guy who got her pregnant moves on with out her [ 10 Answers ]

My friend lisa got pregnant from her ex and her ex got with lisa old best friend so now she is really loney because her ex is avoiding the situation of her being pregnant. What should she do?

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I've been pregnant twice and miscarried both times. Could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... Last November I knew something was off... it was early Jan when I realized I was three weeks late... I went to a clinic and found out I was pregnant. About a week and a half later I miscarried. In April I started my period and it was not normal... and then it seemed to keep...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Am I or could I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all. just need your help. I've got a little boy who is 1. I had the implant fitted in August 2007, I was always on my period at the start and then after 2 months went normal. but now... my last period was about 10 weeks ago! I've taken 6 tests but they are cheap ones! Lol I'm moody, crying,...

View more questions Search