Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CuteKami782 Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

May 17, 2009, 04:13 AM
    How would you handle this situation?
    How would you react if your girlfriend/boyfriend woke you up at 6 in the morning practically in tears asking you to take them to the Emergency Room because they woke up from an hour sleep with a pounding heart? Keep in mind your GF/BF has been complaining lately of chest pain, back and leg pain. How would you react? What would you do? Would you blow them off and fall back to sleep? This has happened to me and before I blow things out of proportion I would like to her some opinions. Thanks:confused:
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2009, 04:35 AM

Lets see - if you go into an emergency room and tell them you are having chest pains, you don't wait for a bed... you are dragged in and put on monitors immediately... so figuring your (soon to be ex) bf/gf might very well be sitting there watching your heart tear itself apart... I don't think being upset is is at all out of line.
    lillybells Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2009, 11:26 AM

If you really loved her/him you would get straight up and go and take them to the Emergency Room or catch the bus, You wouldn't just lie the're would you? No!
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2009, 11:29 AM
    If someone asked me to take them to the ER, I would get up and go immediately. That is a blatant disreguard for your well being.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2009, 11:35 AM

I would be pro active and take them to the ER.Even if they have a history of over reacting ,it is better to err on the side of caution,to do otherwise could have deadly consequences.
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2009, 11:38 AM
    Go to the ER! You don't know if there is a serious issue or not. Leave it for the doctors to decide.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2009, 11:49 AM
    We would have been out the door two seconds after that statement. Actually I would have forced them to go when they complained about chest pains before.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How To Handle This Situation [ 11 Answers ]

So check it out. I've known this girl now for about 10 years and we've always had a thing for each other.. . we went out in grammar school for about a year.. . she was pretty much my first puppy love. We kind of broke it off after grammar school because we were going to attend different schools. ...

She just broke up with me, how can I handle this situation? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi me and my girlfriend of 2 months just broke up She just broke up with me because she said that she really needs to focus on her schoolwork and that she doesn't feel the same about me anymore I was starting to feel the same way to... she had gotten in trouble and lost her phone and computer...

How to handle the situation [ 1 Answers ]

I Am Struggling With A Relationship Of 4 1/2 Years That Has Gone Bad. When I First Met Him I Didn't Like Him That Much Because I Had Just Gotten Out Of A Realationship And Was Not Ready. Well Eventually He Grew On Me And We Moved In Together. In The Beginning I Admit I Was A Little SKEPTICAL And...

Confused! How do you handle a situation like this? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I were renting a house from my mom and stepdad for about 2yrs now. We did remodel work to offset some rent each month to update the house so it would sell easier on the market. Well we repaired a wall infested with termites and paid for the expense out of pocket and deducted it off...

View more questions Search