Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JENNFEX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 03:47 AM
    Relocating washer dryer to garage from kitchen
    About a year ago, I had a fire in the kitchen and the entire kitchen had to be remodeled.

The problem is that a wall or washer dryer heater closet/are/room was removed and the kitchen expanded.

The washer and dryer were temporarily removed to the garage, and a hose was attached to the outside water line, and works, but it needs to be permanently located. I would like to cut my expenses as much as possible since I am retired and on a budget, and the money for the kitchen ,did not include relocating the washer and dryer.

I would like to get an idea as to how to make that garage area the permanent home of the washer an dryer.

I would also like an estimate of what it should cost me to get the work done professionally.

I know that I can get it from local plumbers, but I do not want to be taken, and would like to know what should I expect.

It would also be nice to know If there is any preparation that I can do that would cut cost, before installing the washer dryer hook up.

Thank you
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 17, 2009, 04:33 AM
    The washer and dryer were temporarily removed to the garage, and a hose was attached to the outside water line,
    Where does the washer drain to?
    Is the only thing to do is run water to the washer? This hose you mention, Is there just one? Is it attached back to hot or cold or is it a drainage hose? You really have to furnish us with more dertails.
    I, personally, don't give out a estimate without first seeing the job and knowing the local codes, the prevailing wage scale and what materials will be used. Just too many varribles to contend with. Good luck, tom
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

May 17, 2009, 06:16 AM

If you live in a very cold climate you must also consider the freezing of pipes (unless you have a heated garage).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas washer/dryer kitchen sink hook up [ 2 Answers ]

So, I am thinking about installing a washer and dryer in my apartment. However the washer and dryer are from the early 90's and I wanted to know if this is even possible the dryer =gas and I am not sure if the washer is or if washers even come in gas... lol.. please help.. thanks, and if it is...

Relocating washer and dryer [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, my washer and dryer is currently located on the top (3rd) floor of my home. I want to move it to the basement so that I can expande my bedroom and make it bigger. What are the compliations of relocating a washer and dryer?

Washer/dryer moved into the garage [ 2 Answers ]

I am moving my washer/dryer into the garage and don't have any clue where to start. My husband and I are pretty handy just need to know the basics. He is good with the electrical part of it. It is the washer that we have questions about. We have a subfloor, so that makes it a little easier. Is...

Relocating a washer and dryer water and power lines [ 6 Answers ]

Is this a easy project to do, or should I call a Plumber?

Moving Inside Washer & Dryer to Garage [ 6 Answers ]

I recently purchased a single story home in FL. The layout of the home has the washer & dryer in the hallway. It's a narrow hallway and a small laundry space. The space really isn't conducive for a family with lots of laundry. I was considering moving the washer & dryer to the garage. The...

View more questions Search