Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bananaBean Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2009, 10:17 PM
    I want to look in a mirror again
    I am 28 years old and I have always struggled with my weight. Unlike the thousands of women that struggle I have the problem of not gaining weight. I gaind quite a bit of weight after my pregnancies. I went from a size five to a size 10. Recently my fiancé left for Iraq for 4 months. Well In the 3 months he has been gone I have lost over 5 lbs. I have noticed it but was trying to ignore it. Recently though I have been having the "your soooo skinny",and "you need to eat more" kind of comments. My fiancés mother even went out of her way to bring me ice cream to eat so I can "look healthier". I have been doing everything I can think of. I eat everything in sight and if Im full I force it. If I still can't eat more I leave the food in front of me till I do eat it. I hate what I see in the mirror. Im a woman but with this small frame I look 14. I just want to look like a woman. I want to be happy or at least content with what is looking back at me in the reflection. If anyone has any suggest please tell me. I hate that this has turned into my obsession.
    trmpldonagn Posts: 252, Reputation: 15

May 16, 2009, 10:41 PM

Have you tried any weight bearing exercises? Or protein drinks. These combined will definitely help you to gain muscle mass. There are also drinks that help you gain weight. You can drink more than the daily requirements but check with your Dr. first in case of any problems. Have you ever had your thyroid checked? Once you've consulted, you can almost triple your caloric intake with these drinks and even protein bars. True that protein burns or eats fat but if your caloric intake is high, it's very unlikely that you will lose weight. Again, weight training, not so much aerobics, can really help. You do want to warm up before attacking a weight workout so even brisk walking and stretching is good. Again, keep in mind that weight training will build muscle and in turn burn fat. Even while you sleep. So you really want to keep replacing what you are burning off. I don't want to tell you to eat a whole bunch of unhealthy foods all of the time. You'll get sick. Just get your caloric intake way way up there but be careful of too much fat and sodium. Also, I know you may not want to look like a body builder. I don't think it's feminine looking. Don't worry. You won't get to look like that. You can contour your body believe it or not once you see how it is developing. I must say I am a little bit jealous. I would eat all of the chocolate in the world along with ice-cream, cheese cake, the list goes on... But don't do this of course. At least not every day. If you like pasta for ex, try some fettuccine alfredo. Alfredo sauce as you may already know consists of eggs, cheese, cream, butter. Haagen Dazs ice-cream and Ben & Jerry's has the highest fat content. Big Mac's super high in calories. Again, check with the Dr. first though. Good luck to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mirror, Mirror on the wall. [ 11 Answers ]

Shrek, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were all having lunch together. Shrek said, 'I have always thought that I'm the strongest man in the world, but how can I be sure?' Angelina Jolie agreed. 'I'm told I'm the most gorgeous of them all, but sometimes I wonder.' Brad Pitt said, 'I'm pretty...

Man in the Mirror [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know the name of an episode from a TV show like tales from the crypt or tales from the darkside, where a guy is being stalked by a demon/ ghost that can only be seen in a mirror or reflection. At the end, the demon/ ghost kills him and the man turns into the demon/ ghost. I have been...

Mirror practicals [ 1 Answers ]

In mirror experiments which way is useful 1. using 2 eyes 2. use single eye Please explain

Convex mirror ( help me ) [ 1 Answers ]

A candle is placed in 15.0 cm in front of a convex mirror. When the convex mirror is replaced by a plane mirror, the image moves back 7.00 cm (further away from the mirror). Fing the focal length of the convex mirror.

View more questions Search