Ask
    king fisher Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2009, 05:49 PM
    Buying a house
    How would I buy a house for the back taxes
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 16, 2009, 07:12 PM

You check with your local county tax collector to find out when tax auctions occur.

But the likelihood of you getting a house just for back taxes is extremely small. If there is a mortgage against the property the lender will pay the taxes before it comes up for auction.

If a property gets to the auction, speculators will bid up the property if its in decent condition.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 16, 2009, 07:28 PM

Yes, most of the nicer homes seldom sell for taxes and in most states you only buy the certificate and have to wait one to three years to redeem it.

But they are sold at auction at the courthouse

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buying a house [ 23 Answers ]

I think most of you have had experience on buying a house at some point your life. I haven't made my final decision whether I am buying it within the next 6 month or not. I am looking for any advice to assist me being first home buyer. Any input/tips will be appreciated, if you don't think...

Buying a house where someone die in it. [ 5 Answers ]

I'm just curious what everyone thinks, would you buy a house where someone committed suicide?

Buying a house [ 1 Answers ]

I want to buy a house that is not more than 60 to 75k can get such price I really need it any where is must say am 52 years old.

Buying house together [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend bought a house in October 2004 with the verbal agreement being that we would both be liable for housenote,ins. taxes,utilties etc. and that if we ever broke up, we would still keep the house and be roomates or work it out however we could so that neither party would get screwed....

View more questions Search