Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    camachoaj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2006, 10:30 AM
    Printer Unable to load drivers
    I have a client who is unable to print. They deleted their old printer and wanted to add it again. They contated me when it did not work. I got the latest driver from Ricoh and deleted the driver from their PC. Then I tried to install it using the new driver. As it was loading the driver I got an error message not allowing the install of the driver. The account I used had administrative permissions on the network and the local machine. The printer works for other PCs and users.

Any ideas on what could be done, short of a wipe of the system? She is running XP on a 2003 SBS network.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Sep 30, 2006, 04:33 AM
    Is it a driver signing message that restricts the installation of these drivers. If so then an administrator may have set this policy up to control new installations!
    camachoaj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2006, 11:54 AM
    Thanks for the response StuMegu

It is not a driver signing error. It happens regardless of the dirver I use. The drivers I have used have been generic and specific to the machine. I have used older ones as well as the newest drivers. Following is the error that is displayed when I attempt.

Error: Unable to install RICOH aficio 3245C PCL6, Windows 2000 or XP, Intel driver, Operation could not be completed.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unable to install printer [ 3 Answers ]

Seems to be one issue after another.. but hopefully this is minor one... 'used' to have a printer, but after various scares, scans, clean ups, etc.. Now cannot install a printer.. I click on 'add a printer' and get box saying operation could not be completed.. Win XP sp2 Updated files, ...

64-Bit Drivers [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a Compaq Preserio V3029AU with following configuration 1) CPU: AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-50 (1.6GHz). 2) BUS: Front Bus speed 1600MHz. 3) Cache: Level 2 cache 256 KB + 256 KB. 4) Graphic: NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 6150 GRAPHIC CARd 5) Audio: Altec Lansing...

Need Drivers [ 6 Answers ]

I am putting WIN ME on my computer and I have looked everywhere for the drivers for the Creative Labs CT4740 sound card and the Lite-On XJ-HD166s DVD/CD ROM drive. Does anyone know where I can download these drivers? I have done a Google search, went to manufacturers websites, and even to driver...

Cpu load 100% [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there, Lately my PC has been running at 100% CPU Load constently. It is the 'System' process that is taking up the load. I tracked it down to the driver ACPI.sys, using process explorer. OS Windows XP Pro CPU P4 2.8Ghz Can anyone think of a way I can fix this problem?

Need Drivers [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I've formated this HD and now I need drivers and IDK where to get them. Preffably ones that don't cost me money (cuz I have none) I looked at several site and most want money, they don't have it of IDK what the heck I'm looking for. So any help would be greatly apreciated =) Need drivers for:...

View more questions Search