Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roadapples Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2009, 07:58 AM
    Permanent head gasket repair
    I have a couple of questions regarding a Briggs model 311707
    First, all of the questions I have seen regarding this engine are related to Sears lawnmowers was it not used by any other manufacturers?
    Second, this is the second time I have had to replace the headgasket on this engine. I bought the mower about ten years ago. The gasket failed during the second season of use and has just failed again. The gasket was breached in the same location both times. Is there a more durable gasket available or any "trick" that might make the repair permanent?
    Thanks
    George
    echo srm 230 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 09:34 PM

The next head gasket that you put in that thing make sure you tighten the bolts in sequence, center ones first, side ones next, and then the corner ones last, you will want to do that until they are really tight, and you might want to check them every tune up you do on the lawnmower.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 09:40 PM

Use a torque wrench.
    echo srm 230 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 09:41 PM
    No kidding

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Head gasket [ 2 Answers ]

My car has a blown head gasket... how much will it cost to get fixxed:mad: :confused:

Head gasket [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2000 suburban and I notice on start up the smell of antifreeze, does anyone know what that could possibly indicate?

Head gasket [ 1 Answers ]

I have a honda civic 1989 120,000 miles 3dr. 1.5 std I blew the head gasket last summer and its been sitting all winter. The head gasket was replaced 30.000 miles ago but someone messed up. I just now got the head resurfaced and oem bolts and gasket per the tsb $200! 2 questions:...

96' Cavalier Head Gasket Repair [ 1 Answers ]

I need step by step instructions on how to replace the head gasket of my 1996 Chevy Cavalier, 2.2 by myself.:confused: All serious answers are very much appreciated.

View more questions Search