Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    monicak Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2006, 08:46 AM
    Tenant evicting another tenant
    The Lease is in my name and my husband is listed as a tenant, how do I get him out? Will I have to evict him? If so, how do I go about this, there really isn't a lot of information on one tentant evicting another tenant. Please help.:confused:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2006, 08:51 AM
    You cannot evict him and, I'm sorry to say, neither can the landlord. The landlord's only option is an eviction against you.

This is actually a domestic issue rather than a landlord-tenant law issue - so I'll move it to the Family Law board.
    mel7tel Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2006, 08:45 AM
    I am going through something similar but its my girlfriend and the lease is in her name but all my mail and the furniture is mine, What do I do. I've been given five days to leave but cannot move on such short notice and its not fair. Its not I don't want to move but I can't in such short period.. Can they actually do this? Florence South Carolina.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leasing Tenant evicting another Tenant [ 1 Answers ]

What is required by the court in the state of Michigan for a listed Tenant to Evict a non listed Tenant on a lease/land contract when the non listed Tenant pays the monthly rent, and all utilities are in non listed tenants name at the residents and both have been a resident from day one and the...

Tenant [ 4 Answers ]

My question is in New Hampshire deposit law.We moved out,had house cleaned,painted walls and door jams.We gave them 30+days notice.I took pictures but forgot news paper,opps.We have been out for 1 month,but no return of deposit.We have called 3 times,no response.We were told they are having Home...

Tenant vs Roomer [ 9 Answers ]

Hello: The previous antics notwithstanding, I STILL want to know the law. I understand that there is a difference between someone who rents a room in someone’s house and one who rents an apartment that may be part of someone’s house. Are there states that treat them as tenants? Which...

Tenant [ 2 Answers ]

Does landlord have to actually give you 30 days for eviction or is it automatic?

View more questions Search