Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beckstar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2009, 05:28 AM
    Two Tone Hair Color Removal
    I've been dying my hair since I was 12 (I'm 26 now), I've always done a dark reddish brown (my hair is naturally a dark brown).

I got lazy and didn't dye my hair for a while, so I had about 4 inches of roots, and probably around six inches of dyed hair, the color difference wasn't so noticeable, just my gray hairs sticking out of all the dark hair is what drove be to dye again.

Which is when I must have gone crazy: I decided to let my mother talk me into going to a light brown. So we dyed it and I dried it and when the towel came off I had two-tone hair. The top was a light brownish blondish color and the bottom was a light auburn. :eek:

Now this might look cool on the right person, but I feel like a mutant. Its been a few weeks and I want to start over again. I thought about bleaching it for a clean slate, but in doing so I would kill my curly hair and it would turn to frizz.

So my question is, what is a good hair color remover that will take out auburn on the bottom and light brown on the top and leave me with one color to dye again, all without drying out or frying my hair too badly?:confused:

I don't want to go to a salon to fix it because who really has $200 to spend on their hair right now? :(

Thank you in advance for your suggestion and sorry for the long post.:cool:
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2009, 05:33 AM

ColorFix, Color Zap, Color Oops, Igora Phantom. They're all color removers that will do a good job at taking the artificial color out of your hair. Once it's out, your hair will be some weird brassy color and you'll have to re-dye it.

You've run up against the problem that "color doesn't lighten color." You should have removed the artificial color in order to go lighter. You'll still have problems getting the bottom and top the same color. That's because half of the hair has been in contact with hydrogen peroxide twice and half has only been in contact once. The ends will most likely be lighter than the ends. This can be a tough one to fix.
    kahsu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 05:55 AM

I have no beard almost ,how can I have beard?
    kahsu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 05:59 AM

I have no beard almost ,how can I have beard?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing hair color from red tone to ash tone [ 1 Answers ]

I used Feria Hair color Crushed Garnet to color my hair over the winter. It was a really nice shade, had lots of compliments. I want to change for the summer to Natural Hair Colour 51/2C ash brown. Will the red pigment cause any problems changing to an ash tone? My natural hair color is...

Loreal Hair Color Removal Kit [ 12 Answers ]

Has anyone use a Haircolor Removal Kit by Loreal? My stylist died half of my hair DARK brown, almost black, and the top is a nice shade of bright blonde. My hair is naturally Blonde, and I wanted some darker blonde/light brown contrasting colors underneath. I now look like a skunk or...

Hair color removal [ 1 Answers ]

I colored my hair dark brown which turned out black 2-3 years ago. I heard great reviews about color fix, so I just today used color fix to remove the brown/ black dye I did as the directions said but it only lightened the roots of my hair and also the ends which has turned out red and every thing...

Hair color removal [ 1 Answers ]

I have dyed my hair burgundy, (black cherry) brand was garnier--my hair was pale blonde before dye but had some orange in hair due to well water used for 3 months before I dyed hair--the black cherry dye turned hair purple and did not cover well---I have an important job interview and have only 24...

Beauty, hair color removal [ 1 Answers ]

Tried to strip my naturally grey and black hair (colored with robert craig brown to a dark brown) and got ORANGE. Used loreal super bleach blonde, which in the past has given me white/very light blonde, which are fine. Hated it. Dyed it with clairol natural instincts black. Tried a few...

View more questions Search