Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shelley brett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2009, 05:27 AM
    Adopting my daughter
    Hi I'm getting married and my future husband wants to adopt my 8 year old daughter but I don't know who her father is so how do we go about it
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 16, 2009, 05:31 AM

If you had browsed through this forum, this question has been answered many times. Since adoption is a legal process, you should hire an attorney to prepare the paperwork. Your attorney will then deal with the issue.

You will need to list all possible fathers and the court may require they all be contacted for a paternity test. If you can't locate the father, then you will probably have to post a legal notice in a local newspaper. The point being that the court has to see that you made a good faith effort to get the father to relinquish his rights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopting my son. [ 1 Answers ]

Because of the stste I lived in I was unable to put my name on my sons birth certificate because my girlfriend was a minor. We have since moved and have been together for more than two years. When she turns 18 will I have to adopt my own son to avoid going to prison?

Adopting my son [ 1 Answers ]

Can my husband adopt my son even though he's biological father is not involved? Please help

Daughter is two and doesn't sleep through the night? [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is two years old and wakes up at night every 30 minutes to an hour. I don't know what is wrong every time she wakes up she screams as if she were dying or something. What should I do? What's wrong with her? It is really scaring me cause it has been going on for a month now and it...

Daugher-in-law trouble [ 8 Answers ]

Help! My daughter-in-law and grandchildren have more rights than I do. She stays for supper but brings her own food and cooks on the barbecue. She doesn't always wash her pot afterwards. I asked her to wash it and my husband threw a temper fit, swished it around in the water, putting water on my...

View more questions Search