Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Andi Mclaughlan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2009, 05:05 AM
    Divorced Prodisent wants to marry catholic
    I am a divorced prodisent who wishes to marry a catholic women. Is there any other way other than an annulment? Will it help if I change my religion?
    zhazha Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2009, 05:31 AM
    Hello Andi!

As a Catholic myself, I know that any single/divorced person from other religion can marry a Catholic woman. In fact, my aunt (Filipina) married with a divorced English and they didn't have a single problem about processing their papers. Catholic is not strict on people from other religion who want to be wedded with Catholics. Refer also to the Catholic church where you want to be wedded with your future wife. They will advice you on what to do.

zhazha
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2009, 05:50 AM

Never heard of any problem with this. Talk to your minister or her priest for clarification.
    mugger Posts: 191, Reputation: 26

May 16, 2009, 09:33 AM

You would actually consider changing what you believe for somebody? Wow, personally, it shouldn't matter what personal/spiritual/ religious beliefs someone has.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Catholic marriage divorce' wanting to re-marry [ 7 Answers ]

I was married in the catholic church and now divorced. I've met a wonderful man who has asked me to marry him, and I'd like to get married by a priest or minister close to the catholic religion. I do not wish to obtain an annulment of my first marriage.

6 years and counting, to marry or not to marry [ 7 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for 6 years, is it time to get married?

Divorced/non-divorced parents college tuition responsibilities in Indiana [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Indiana. I have a friend who is divorced. It is in his divorce documents to share in paying for his children's college education, but it is in there because his lawyer told him there is a state law in Indiana that requires parents (divorced and non-divorced) to pay for their children's...

I want marry in cail he wants to marry in nc? [ 2 Answers ]

The man in going to marry is a Marine and he isn't in the USA right now and I stay in CAIL. When he returns we are to be marry around April 2009. He thinks it will be better if we Marry in NC and I feel its better if we do it in CAIL. I feel this way because my fam and are friend are her, we...

Married in California, divorced in Spain. How do I get divorced in CA? [ 1 Answers ]

I got married in California in 1998 and moved to Spain where I got divorced in 2005 under Spain's Law. I've tried contacting the US consulate to validate my divorce, but they referred me to the County I got married in. The County has no clue, they tell me to show up there. How can I validate my...

View more questions Search