Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sofiemommy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2009, 01:16 AM
    My cat birthing kittens
    My cat is a first time mom she had given birth to 4 kittens on Thursday at 347pm one did not survive. My husband woke me up at 337 sat morning to see her giving birth again to one more which he said was alive but by the time I got out to the kitchen it was not moving . Should I be expecting anymore . I don't understand what's going on:confused:
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 16, 2009, 09:01 AM

That is a very long time between kittens.

Make sure she gets plenty of fluids and feed her kitten food as it's best for cats that are feeding kittens.

If she behaves oddly in any way (panting, discharge, lethargic) take her to the vet immediately.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chihuahua in trouble birthing [ 3 Answers ]

She had a dead baby yesterday. She seems to still be pregnant how long does it take to have to puppies my neighbor says sometimes a day is this true or will my dog die because the other puppie did not come out or could there have been just one? She is still big Sixkidshavei

Kitten won't come out all the way, what do I do? Birthing complication [ 3 Answers ]

My cat had 3 kittens last night starting at 4:00pm. She just started to give birth to a 4th kitten that is not alive and she hasn't pushed the baby all the way out for over an hour. How do I help her to get the baby out without killing my cat? I have no money and cannot go to a clinic for help.

Dashound birthing help [ 2 Answers ]

Our dashound is having her babies right now .Sack came part way out with baby, she broke the sack and baby went back in what should I do or will baby come back out

Kittens [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my cat gave birth to 6 kittens yesterday at 7.10 am and two were still bourns she in nursing the young very well and she is also looking after her self well. Q. is it o.k for my cat to use the toilet after 30 hours. Q. and do the kittens have fleas as soon as they are born.::confused:

View more questions Search