Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flower81 Posts: 303, Reputation: 7

Sep 29, 2006, 12:45 AM
    BAd breath
    What causes bad breath?

Most days after a whole day at work I get bad breath :(
    My fiancé notices it too. Which is abit :o embaressing..

I don't have any pain in my teeth and I brush my teeth everyday. Once or twice.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2006, 03:02 AM
    There are a variety of causes of halitosis - including what you eat. Also, breathing with your mouth is a big one. Read lots more here, from the ADA:
    http://www.ada.org/public/topics/bad_breath.asp
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

Oct 3, 2006, 06:56 PM
    Jumping back after a way too long absence... here is one other cause for "death breath" just for additional information.
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/medica...=tonsil+stones
    tonsilhelp Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2009, 11:08 PM
    You most likely suffer from Tonsil Stones. They're fairly easy to treat with the right products, some of which are reviewed on the tonsil stone site link hereTonsil Stones, Tonsilloliths Community for Prevention, Removal, and Remedies.!
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 05:09 AM

Tonsils can cause an odour as can your stomach. You should see your doctor and have these problematic areas assessed. I

If you are brushing and flossing thoroughly every day you may want to add an antibacterial rinse such as Crest Pro Health to your regimine. There is a rinse called CLOSYS that is available through some dental offices which is meant to control bad breath for up to 8 hours. It also acts as an antibacterial and has no taste to it.

Stress is another factor that affects breath. If you are under a lot of stress your breath can be bad.

You can take a look at this site. People from all over the world actually travel to Toronto for this treatment. I have met the owner of this company and she has been doing halitosis research for years. You may find some answers here.

Fresh Breath Clinic | Bad Breath + Halitosis Treatment | Toronto Canada

Good luck. I am well aware how this problem can affect your day to day life.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Apr 18, 2009, 06:08 PM

If it is at the end of the day it may be hunger breath. If you don't get some carbs during the day your body will digest its own saliva proteins and it will smell bad. Go for a cleaning at the dental office, be sure to scrub your tongue with your tooth brush, and try a few healthy snacks during the day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chronic Bad Breath [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone know what can be used for chronic bad breath? Is there an operation that can be performed or a special mouthwash?

Can you break up with someone over bad breath [ 23 Answers ]

My boyfriend has bad breath most of the time and I was so turned off by that in the beginning we got involved because he was after me for a long time and proffessed his love to me so I finally gave in and I tried to make him take care of this problem because I can not stand it , so he fought with...

Loss of breath, heart stopped for 20 secs. [ 4 Answers ]

I recently got into a pretty bad bicycle wreck and when I landed, my right arm rammed into my chest all the way across. While my arm was across my chest, I felt no heartbeat and I knew I had knocked the wind out of me. The whole time for both of these symptoms was 20 seconds, they both happened...

View more questions Search