Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mattg2 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2009, 01:26 PM
    Didn't Meet Graduation Requirements
    Yup.

I checked my grades online and they said I passed. Got all excited and went to my school's senior checkout and got told I didn't pass. Now my family that's flying out here to see me walk won't be seeing me walk. And I get to take summer school. Woohoo.

What are the chances of this being a mistake, I mean.. my online grades did say I passed.
    And I feel like crap.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 15, 2009, 01:43 PM

Did they show you your school record? Can you ask your teachers to show you what was entered on the computer?

May 15, 2009, 02:57 PM
    I did.. They told me I failed language arts, went to my teacher personally and he said I passed, then showed me. I didn't get to check with the others ones because they weren't there. Oh well. Definently karma for something...
    Uber Member

May 15, 2009, 03:02 PM

I would certainly take it up with administration then if the teacher is showing that you passed. Have the teacher back you up.

If it turns out that somehow you didn't pass something, you might see if you can walk but just not receive your diploma until you complete any requirements.
    Syzygy Posts: 32, Reputation: 8

May 18, 2009, 11:55 PM
    Depending on what school you go to, most schools will allow a student to walk in the spring and officially graduate in the summer after all required classes are completed.

May 19, 2009, 08:17 AM

Turns out I did in fact pass all my classes. I did walk and am now graduated ;)

Time to start life
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2009, 08:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattg2 View Post
    Turns out I did in fact pass all my classes. I did walk and am now graduated ;)

Time to start life
    Good going!!
    Attached Images

oscarlicous Posts: 154, Reputation: 10

May 19, 2009, 08:30 AM
    Congratulations!!
    Uber Member

May 19, 2009, 11:59 AM

Congrats!. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Graduation situation [ 31 Answers ]

My name is Amanda. I am 18, and I have been dating this guy named David for about six months(he's 23 by the way). We used to have a great relationship before he started to drive trucks for a living, we broke up on April Fool's Day this year, and then we got back together about 2 and a half weeks...

Graduation Announcements [ 3 Answers ]

I have a graduation announcement that is a flat card, no fold. Where do I put my picture and name card?

What should I get my X for her graduation! [ 21 Answers ]

Hey everyone! Yes I know that it is a while until the 9nth of June but still I would like to get her something really great! Yes I know she isn't my girlfiend and I should just move on... but I still love her and she is moving to a town VERY close to the one I moved to when we broke up. So...

View more questions Search