Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 10:55 AM
    Office Outlook 2003 - delete
    I am using Office Outlook 2003 and whne I delete an email I just get a line going through the subject and the print fades. It does not go to the deleted mail file. I want to move it out of my inbox into my deleted file and then right out of Outlook. Can someone tell me how to do it?
    Thanks!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 15, 2009, 10:59 AM
    I'm sure that's in the settings.
    I can't remember which one, but they are in Tools > options.

Or like this : Rensselaer Help Desk - Outlook Configuration How-to's

Second one sounds about right.
    Seems you are using an IMAP service. This basically does a copy of your server mail box to the client.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 11:25 AM

Thanks Curlyben! I got rid of the deleted stuff but can't seem to find the option of purging all deleted mail :(
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 15, 2009, 11:34 AM
    Silly question, but have you tried a right click on the deleted mail icon ?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 15, 2009, 02:25 PM

I had a similar problem once where emails that used to delete started behaving that way. I had to delete the email account that was setup and recreate it, it has behaved properly ever since.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 05:53 PM

Yikes! Don't tell me that! I had a heck of a time getting the account set up! But... if I have to I will delete it and set it up again.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 15, 2009, 06:24 PM

Fortunately, your account is setup and working, so you can go in and copy down all the setting before deleting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unable to delete rules in Outlook 2003 [ 2 Answers ]

While trying to create some rules in Outlook 2003, I somehow created rules that refer to Microsoft Exchange. I use this computer at home and how never had any dealings with Microsoft Exchange. When I attempt to edit or delete these rules, the edit/delete buttons are greyed out and I can't do...

Delete Default Forms from Outlook 2003 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I use MS Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager. In Outlook I have created several email forms as templates. The problem is that by Deafault there are a lot of standard forms in the forms list which makes finding My personal forms difficult. Does anyone out there know how to...

Office 2003 can't open after uninstalling Office 2007 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I can't open any of my Office 2003 applications. A 'Widows Installer' box pops up, and asks for SKU112.CAB. I can't find my original install disks. I tried a solution I found, opening in safe mode and stopping msiexec.exe, but the laptop then showed a Error 1311. Source file not found....

Can I delete Office 2003 [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone Please tell me if it’s safe to DELETE MS Office 2003 via ADD & Remove Programs? I installed Office 2007 “Student and School” about 2 months ago and I have some important stuff in Excel which was created in MS Office 2003! I just wanted to make sure I want loose this data by Deleting the...

MS Office 2003, problems in Word and Outlook [ 2 Answers ]

I am having trouble opening saved word documents, and when a new email arrives my outlook says it has encounter a problem and needs to close. I have tried the detect and repair, and the programs are installed on a server so I don't have a disk. Any thoughts?

View more questions Search