Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lavanyaa Posts: 190, Reputation: 4

May 15, 2009, 07:14 AM
    Thyroid disease
    What are the indications for thyroid problem!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 15, 2009, 07:16 AM
    Lavanyaa,

What do you think?

We are not here to do your homework for you. I have done mine.

I'm happy to help you, but you have to show some initiative first.

May 15, 2009, 07:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Lavanyaa,

What do you think?

We are not here to do your homework for you. I have done mine.

I'm happy to help you, but you have to show some initiative first.

You are really mistaken me

I'm asking for the indications of thyroid for myself alone for my health
    Since I feel fatigue,irreg period etc I think it is thyroid problem but after taking test dr says it is normal then I feel that I have some indications that the thyroid people have that is why I'm asking to know more about thyroid...

So that I can ask my family doctor more
    Expert

May 15, 2009, 07:23 AM
    I apologize for thinking it was homework.

Now, what indications do you have that makes you think that it is thyroid?

May 15, 2009, 07:25 AM
    I apologize for thinking it was homework.

Now, what indications do you have that makes you think that it is thyroid?

Heavy fatigue always feeling sleepy, irregular period, getting sudden weight increase without eating anything more fat content etc
    Expert

May 15, 2009, 07:30 AM
    Have you had your iron checked?

Have you had your T3, T4, and TSH checked?

May 15, 2009, 07:33 AM
    I had hemoglobin it is 11 n got medicines to increase it

I have checked Thyroid Stimulating Harmone
    But DR says it is mormal!! If it is normal how do I get sudden increase in weight it all harmonal problem na??
    Expert

May 15, 2009, 07:39 AM
    Not all weight gain is due to hormonal problems.

Look at what kind of foods you eat, what time of day you eat, exercise? Male? Female? Stress levels, etc.

If you TSH came out normal, it most likely is not your thyroid.

May 15, 2009, 07:40 AM
    Not all weight gain is due to hormonal problems.

Look at what kind of foods you eat, what time of day you eat, exercise? Male? Female? Stress levels, etc.

If you TSH came out normal, it most likely is not your thyroid.

Hmmmmm!!
    Then for fatiuge?
    Expert

May 15, 2009, 07:42 AM
    Iron deficiency. That would explain why you are taking medications to increase your hemoglobin.

May 15, 2009, 07:45 AM
    Iron deficiency. That would explain why you are taking medications to increase your hemoglobin.

Thanks a lot!!
    RRobidoux Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 06:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lavanyaa View Post
    i had hemoglobin it is 11 n got medicines to increase it

i have checked Thyroid Stimulating Harmone
    but DR says it is mormal !!! if it is normal how do i get sudden increase in weight it all harmonal problem na???

I just had mu TSH level and t3 and t4 done my tsh levels were really low 0.003 which showed my hyperthyroid is acting up my t3 was 13 and my t4 was 14

May 17, 2009, 06:56 AM

Some times the thyroid TSH levels could be fine but the T3 and T4 level are not or vice versa the TSH levels don't always decide if a thyroid is fuctioning properly that's why all three test are done
    Emia can also cause the symptoms it usually not eough or too much iron.

May 17, 2009, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RRobidoux View Post
    Some times the thyroid TSH levels could be fine but the T3 and T4 level are not or vice versa the TSH levels dont always decide if a thyroid is fuctioning properly thats why all three test are done
    emia can also cause the symtoms it usually not eough or to much iron.

Is that u mean because of anemic??
    Then why does I put on weight evry month?

May 19, 2009, 05:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lavanyaa View Post
    is that u mean cos of anemic ????????
    then why does i put on weight evry month??
    You may have and under active thyroid which inturns causes wieght gain or it could be food allergies.. Did you have T3 and T4 test done along with your TSH levels if not then you should some times the TSH levels are normal and the T3 and T4 are not if your putting on wieght it may be that your T3 and T4 levels (they determine your matabulisium is too high or too low) iof these are normal .
    I also have many food allergies that act the same way the caused me to put wieght on and feel tired all the time if you have had all three test done you should see and alligenist and have them check for food allergies..
    focusfan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2009, 12:53 AM

I have hypo thyroid. It makes you feel really depressed and it made me loose hair I was in bed all day now I take like 175mg of it every day I have to take that small pill every day. The doctors found it in 2002. But if I miss one pill its not the end of the world.

But if you have hyper thyroid that means your really hyper. I'm glad I don't have that

May 20, 2009, 02:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RRobidoux View Post
    You may have and under active thyroid which inturns causes wieght gain or it could be food allergies.. Did you have T3 and T4 test done along with your TSH levels if not then you should some times the TSH levels are normal and the T3 and T4 are not if your putting on wieght it may be that your T3 and T4 levels (they determine your matabulisium is too high or too low) iof these are normal .
    I also have many food allergies that act the same way the caused me to put wieght on and feel tired all the time if you have had all three test done you should see and alligenist and have them check for food allergies..

I will try to take a test for t3 and t4 levels
    Thanks a lot

May 20, 2009, 02:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by focusfan View Post
    i have hypo thyroid. it makes u feel really depressed and it made me loose hair i was in bed all day now i take like 175mg of it every day i have to take that small pill every day. the doctors found it in 2002. but if i miss one pill its not the end of the world.

but if u have hyper thyroid that means ur really hyper. im glad i dont have that

Cool o god it should not be! But goiter thyroid is dangerous one na!!
    NathansMommy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2011, 08:01 PM
    I can relate to your frustration. I am a 32 year old woman and had been complaining about those same symptoms for 3 years with no answers and every doctor I saw telling me it was just stress. My TSH was inconsistent but always within normal ranges and in the past year has actually stabilized between 1.5-2.0 which is pretty much perfect. I only mention this because despite my normal levels I was diagnosed with early stage hoshimotos disease of the thyroid last month. I'm not hypothyroid yet but I will be at some point with this disease and have already started developing symptoms. Mine was found in an ultrasound when my thyroid swelled and became goiter. A very simple blood test for antibodies confirmed it. You can have thyroid issues and a normal TSH level. I would encourage you to insist that your doctor check your Free T3 and T4 along with antibodies. Autoimmune diseases don't always alter TSH in the earlier stages. I hope that this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it thyroid disease? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 46, diabetic, overweight, and have developed a goiter in my neck (thyroid) I am constantly hot and cannot tolerate any heat. I was getting palpatations but they have slowed down considerable since I began taking opc3. Do I have a thyroid issue? Thanks

Thyroid as per the doc [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: Hi I am 25 yrs old and I got married last yr. My weight was in the range of 45-50 when I got married but all of a sudden I started putting on weight after I got married - is it because that I stopped working and my activities have been cut down. Th doc says that I'm putting on...

Canine thyroid disease [ 1 Answers ]

I have a rottie for almost 12yrs now and just this year i seen that she is losing a lot of weight. I found out that she has canine thyroid disease and took her to the vet, but all he has given me are pills that are not helping she has come to the point where her bones are showing is it the disease...

Thyroid [ 2 Answers ]

Thank you so much for you info on tumor removel , I have one question , My mother inlaw has a tumor on her thyroid non-cancerous type . Im trying to find info on just removeing the tumor none of the lobe or thyroid at all is there a possible surgery out there . Rita J

Thyroid [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question for anybody out there that can help , I have a tumor on my thyroid and they want to remove my whole thyroid it is on my left side , my question is , there a surgery that can remove the tumor but not the whole thyroid. Thank You Rita Litwin

View more questions Search