Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smalho08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2009, 07:03 AM
    New Business start
    Hi,

I would like to start a business for Air & Railway ticketing form home. How would I start?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 15, 2009, 07:11 AM

Hello s:

Start with a business plan. You can get software that takes you through the process one step at a time. Business Plan Pro costs about $50.

excon
    LucyBennett Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 08:56 AM

I would suggest looking at your local Small Business Development Center.

America's Small Business Development Center Network

They offer great classes about lots of different aspects of starting your own business. My experience taking their classes was very positive. The other great thing is that your classmates are going through the same things you are and you can help each other.

Another great resource is SCORE. It's a group of retired executives who will mentor you and answer your questions free of charge.

???????????????????????????
    Uber Member

May 21, 2009, 08:59 AM

Hello Lucy:

If you think your posts aren't spam, as the moderator has determined them to be, the way to handle that is to speak with him. Confronting him ain't going to work too well.

excon

May 21, 2009, 09:05 AM

Excon,

How do I go about doing that? My posts are not spam.
    Uber Member

May 21, 2009, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyBennett View Post
    My posts are not spam.
    Hello again, Lucy:

Click on curlybens name when you see it in blue. It will offer you an option to PM him - that's send a personal message.

excon

May 21, 2009, 09:12 AM

Excon,

Thanks. I don't see him now, but Ill keep looking.
    Uber Member

May 21, 2009, 09:24 AM

Hello again, Lucy:

Right there, where he deleted your post is his name in blue. Click on it.

excon

May 21, 2009, 09:48 AM

Excon,

I'm not seeing that he deleted my post. I've found his name in other forums and it's purple and I've looked at the bottom of the Homepage for people online, but his name hasn't been there.
    Uber Member

May 21, 2009, 09:49 AM

Hello again, Lucy:

Ok, then he'll be along.

excon
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 21, 2009, 09:56 AM
    Lucy, posting the same message multiple times on various threads is considered spam, hence the deletions.

May 21, 2009, 10:02 AM

Curlyben,

So... when advice you gave for one question would be the same for another question... you are just supposed to not answer the second one?

I'm new to this site, so I'm not clear on how things are done here.
    BossMan

May 21, 2009, 10:03 AM
    You are simply Copy & Pasting the same response, with no apparent thought to the question in hand.
    Hence Spam.

May 21, 2009, 10:09 AM

That's not actually true. I added some things... but whatever.

I did use copy and paste for some of it, but only because it was faster than retyping.

Can you tell me why my other posts, which were completely original were also removed? There was one about style... whether numbers should be written out or not. Did they disappear because I changed my email address or because you removed them?
    BossMan

May 21, 2009, 10:12 AM
    You mean this one: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/commun...ml#post1746693

May 21, 2009, 10:15 AM

Thanks.

I'm glad it's still there. My number of posts started at 1 again and when I looked under my settings it didn't have me signed up to get responses from any threads, so I figured they'd all been wiped out.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 21, 2009, 10:01 PM

Another good source is SCORE... Google them, retired business people that help... free.

There are a lot of good books on business planning that are not that expensive; and also at your local library.

"The Complete Book of Business Plans"... Covello and Hazelgren is one of them...

Stringer
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 21, 2009, 10:01 PM

Another good source is SCORE.com... Google them, retired business people that help... free.

There are a lot of good books on business planning that are not that expensive; and also at your local library.

"The Complete Book of Business Plans"... Covello and Hazelgren is one of them...

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where do I start looking for grants to start up construction business in Mn. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello,I am John and I would appreciate any help I could get on finding some grants or low interest loans for starting a concrete contracting business.I have searched some sites but most want money for a kit.My credit is not very good and I am just trying to start a small construction business.I am...

Iwish to start a business but I don't have strong finincial baground for business [ 5 Answers ]

I am willing to start a business but I don't have strong baground of business famally or good finiancial support so what kind of business I do need to start I am mba(marketing) post graduate with 4 year of experience and currently working as a erp cunsultant but becase of recesssion my salary is...

How to start your own business [ 2 Answers ]

I want to open my own business I know what I want to open but don't know how to start can any one help?:)

How to start my own business? [ 5 Answers ]

How can I start a office cleaning business? What steps do I have to take?

Start my own business [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Experts Requesting your help. I am a nurse assistant and would like to work out of my home, Would love to set up my own hours and care of my patients but don't know how to begin. I am from Chicago IL and don't know do I need a license, how about taxes. Does anyone know where I can go for...

View more questions Search