Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bea Cipolla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2009, 04:36 AM
    Hippa

I am a nursing student in a State Nursing Program in North Dakota. I was working independently on my own time and place of employment, not associated with the school when the clinical instructor of this program who was on site with another student overheard in nurse's report information pertaining to patient care by me (applying a topical ICY HOT ointment, directed by the charge nurse on duty) and this instructor has used this information to have me expelled from the Nursing Program. This information came to me yesterday, 1 day before my designated graduation day (May 15, 2009).
    This is mandated in the HIPPA rules of patient rights and a direct violation of the privacy law - against me. Does anyone know more about this, I have been determined "unsafe" by the Nursing Program with the above stated offense and denied graduation.
    Can anyone help?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 15, 2009, 05:11 AM

I don't understand the HIPAA (not HIPPA) violation which you are describing. HIPAA involves the release of patient information to third parties. I don't see that here.

What am I missing?

(Should be its own thread)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 15, 2009, 06:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by socoz1 View Post
    So the question is, whether the person can show the experience as A+B Months or just A number of Months , please clarify as per rule & law.
    Hello soco:

There are no rules or laws that govern how experience is measured. Any company can measure experience how ever they want.

B: You should have started your own thread. It ain't fair to soco that you co-opted his thread.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa law [ 2 Answers ]

I took a day off from work because I was sick. I called in to report that I wouldn't be going in for this reason. Later that day, my manager called and asked that I meet him at a job site. I explained to him that I was not at work, and that I was at home because I was sick. He proceeded to tell...

Hippa law [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if listing first names and illnesses of children who have been granted a wish by a wish granting agency if OK to do.

Hippa law [ 2 Answers ]

At my employer we a yearly enrollment for our 401k and health benefits. Every year they have the employees come to one office to sign up. There could be up to 20 employees at one time in the room. They ask us personal questions with everyone standing around to her your personal business. For...

Hippa law [ 6 Answers ]

My employer needed confirmation of my dortors appointment to get paided for the holiday,so I call my doctor to fax the confimation to my supervisor,the voicemail pickup at the dortors office so I left the message on there,upon returning from a meeting with my unit my boss came to me with a fax...

Hippa law [ 1 Answers ]

My employer decided to change our personal medical insurance as most do periodically. I received a six page application with many questions concerning my personal medical history, including diagnoses; Doctor’s name dates hospitals and the list goes on. This application provided was by the...

View more questions Search