Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Almshouse Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2009, 06:25 AM
    How to tell employer
    I was 28 this year of August and my recent employer now seeking
    For my degree transcript for my position to be promote as a senior.
    However, I was lying to them earlier saying that I was graduated instead of
    High school.

The problem now is I can't get the thing cause I'm not..
    How to brief and explain this? Any idea :p:mad::rolleyes:
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 16, 2009, 08:26 AM

I know that this is going to sound as though I am a 'purist' but this is a primary example of how one lie can ruin it all and it always leads to many more lies...

I own three companies and employ over 289 people all at various positions. If I found that someone in my trust had lied about something like this (although, I too would also be at blame for not checking this out first) I would have a problem that would need addressed right away. I could not trust them with telling me the truth anytime in the future. And to me, it takes a long time to build trust and a short time to destroy it.

You are 28, still young enough to do yourself a favor and finally do the right thing, go get your education now, especially in this economy where the competition is even greater.

My wife had two years of college in Poland, here they only recognize a few of those credits so last year she started all over again here... she just aced all her finals... It can be done but it takes gumption. It took me six years of college to get my four year degree, working long hours in retail management, two babies and a stay at home ex who handed me the babies when I got home cause she had had enough. Many, many nights with no sleep, BUT... it got done.

Make a plan for yourself and get this taken care of. Problems; money, time, etc... if you want it bad enough... you know that there is a way to get it done.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contacting Employer an employer ethically [ 2 Answers ]

I am applying for a job out of state that I found on a search engine. The ad provides an email for where to send all inquiries/resumes. However, after doing some research, I found the direct supervisor for the position and her direct email address at the company. Is it ethical/appropriate to...

What questions does past employer have to answer by new employer [ 1 Answers ]

If a new employer calls your old employer, what questions will they answer.My concern is that I have been unemployed now for 6 months,and am concerned that my prospects are frowning on the fact that I have been out of work so long. I may just be overreacting as this is the longest time I've been...

H1B transfer - whether current employer know about the new employer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts Currently I am on H1b visa with company A. I would like to transfer this to Company B. I heard that Company A will not know that it is transferring to Compnay B during the transfer. Is this correct? Also, after successful transfer to compnay B whether USCIS will send any...

Employer Tax? [ 1 Answers ]

I am an H1B Visa holder and I am trying to find out, besides my tax being deducted by my employer, does he pay any additional taxes with respect to my employment. He is telling me that he pays almost 10% of my hourly rate as employer tax? Is this true?

View more questions Search