Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rootbeerjaja Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2009, 01:48 AM
    This Is His 4th chid, will we recive child support?
    The father of my new born child is already paying child support for two other children from his last marriage He already has custody of one of them. Since he is already paying for those childern were will my son stand. Will he be left out. Will this effect the other children's income from which they are reciving right now? Thanks a lot for any info!
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 04:16 AM

Depends on which state you live in.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 15, 2009, 05:35 AM

I don't know where you are - in many States it works like this: first child gets a percentage of gross income; second child gets a percentage of income following the deduction for first child. For example, first child gets 10% of $100; second child gets 10% of $90 (100 less the $10 sent to the first child).

The first children do NOT get less because there are children who follow. The children who follow actually get less.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Will I recive a W2 for my unemployment benefits [ 3 Answers ]

Will I recive a W2 for my unemployment beniftis?

Chid visitation [ 3 Answers ]

In Ohio at what age can a child decide not to visit a parent?

View more questions Search