Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whitaker777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2009, 11:38 PM
    The broker says they won't accept rent after forclose sale
    I just found out that my rented house is going into foreclosure and the broker says they won't accept rent no more because its not their property no more. Who do I pay rent to and my lease is about up around the same time, they will not accept the renewal lease they sent to me. What now??
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 16, 2009, 05:58 AM

Hello w:

When the house foreclosed, your rental agreement got canceled. If the bank owns it now, they MIGHT take rent from you, or they might give you 30 days to be out.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 16, 2009, 06:07 AM

Was it foreclosed on or is it in foreclosure?

If the foreclosure hasn't been finalized, you need to pay rent to the owner of the property. If the broker is no longer managing the property they should be able to give you the owner info. You might think of seeing if you can buy the property.

If the property has been foreclosed on then you have to find out who the new owner is and see what arrangements you can make with them.
    ForeclosureHelp Posts: 16, Reputation: -1

Jun 8, 2009, 04:35 PM

If the property is going into foreclosure the owner still owns the house.

However, since the owner defaulted on the loan I would save your money to find other accommodations.

The broker do they still have the property listed?

Can you buy the house? Right now would be the perfect time since rates are low!

Jun 8, 2009, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeclosureHelp View Post
    However, since the owner defaulted on the loan I would save your money to find other accomodations.
    Again, this is bad advice. As long as the landlord owns the property the tenant is obligated to pay rent. We do not allow advice that involves breaking the law.
    ForeclosureHelp Posts: 16, Reputation: -1

Jun 8, 2009, 04:51 PM

The question is a little confusing... if the bank owns the property they will be filing a notice of ejectment.

It was stated that the broker will not accept anymore payments since it was now owned by the bank?

Sorry for the misinterpretation...

Jun 8, 2009, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeclosureHelp View Post
    It was stated that the broker will not accept anymore payments since it was now owned by the bank??
    As I stated in my response, he needs to find out who the current owner is and make arrangements with them, In the meantime, he needs to pay his rent into an escrow account.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Forclose vs bankruptcy [ 6 Answers ]

We are about to be forclosed on, do we need to consider bankruptcy? We don't have a lot of time I have a appointment next week to discuss bankruptcy. What is the better solution? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Yesterday I found a notice of trustees sale pot on my home that I rent [ 1 Answers ]

Help! My landlord didn't tell me the home that I was leasing with the option t buy in six months, was in the process of foreclosure, found a letter from the court house on my door yesterday, saying that e home is scheduled for auction saleon feb 7th 2008, if no ryply from landlord, meanwhile I am...

My Apartment won't accept rent payment [ 4 Answers ]

My Wife and I were out of town due to a funeral. We called the apartment office to tell them that we were going to be late on our rent (for the first time ever, thirteen months, the entirety of our lease) because we were not in town. They said fine. When we got back, we went into the office and...

Sale or rent home in Alabama. Foreclosure? Bankruptcy? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I own a home in Alabama that we need to sell or rent. If anyone knows of anyone, please let me know. The home is in a great neighborhood; I moved to Washington State in October, 2006. I would have loved to have brought the neighborhood with me. Our home appraised for $179,900 in...

View more questions Search