Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pattyg2 Posts: 480, Reputation: 27

May 14, 2009, 08:39 PM
    Painting interior concrete floor
    I just want to show that with a lot of time,prep and patience concrete can be painted. I ripped out carpet and pad,cleaned,etched,concrete bonding primer,tinted primer and latex paint. I just need to apply a few coats of high-gloss water-based polyurethane to the floor an re-install the baseboards.Name:  IMG_0834.jpg
Views: 127352
Size:  59.9 KB
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 15, 2009, 05:37 AM

Great job, but its going to be an very cold floor. Is it in you basement?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

May 15, 2009, 06:53 PM

Patty,

You've got to stop this. You are making the rest of us look bad. GREAT looking floor.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

May 16, 2009, 04:11 AM
    Hey Patty...

That is some very nice work! Great job! I've had a number of plumber's helpers over the years that could barely carry my bucket without issues. I also know some carpenters that could never have pulled this off... you have developed some nice skills there!

:)

MARK

May 16, 2009, 02:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Great job, but its going to be an very cold floor. Is it in you basement?
    It's not in a basement and I only have one room left with carpet to rip out and my whole house will have faux finished concrete floors. Cool floors in the summer with the ac on or not and warm in the winter with the heater on.

May 16, 2009, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hkstroud View Post
    Patty,

You've got to stop this. You are making the rest of us look bad. GREAT looking floor.
    Thank you Harold.

May 16, 2009, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by massplumber2008 View Post
    Hey Patty...

That is some very nice work!! Great job!! I've had a number of plumber's helpers over the years that could barely carry my bucket without issues. I also know some carpenters that could never have pulled this off....you have developed some nice skills there!

:)

MARK
    It's called lack of money and no one to help me so I have to learn to do it by myself. I also like having something no one else has or can buy at a store.
    Thanks!!
    whatever9274 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2009, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyg2 View Post
    It's called lack of money and no one to help me so I have to learn to do it by myself. I also like having something no one else has or can buy at a store.
    Thanks!!!
    This looks like wood to me how is this cement
    Expert

Jul 15, 2009, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever9274 View Post
    This looks like wood to me how is this cement
    Yes, didn't she do a fantastic job ! There are many new products out their for cement. A lot of layering and waiting, I assume. You can almost see all the different colours and applications she made around the edges.

It can be done and a lot of work goes into it ! Even wood can be made to look with marble. There are kits to do it. Cement counter tops made to look like granite and no one can tell at all. Amazing, don't you think !

Tick
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 15, 2009, 08:23 PM

I would never in a million years guess this was concrete, great job. The test of time will be if it holds up under traffic and moisture coming through the concrete. Should be good.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 08:30 PM

I'm impressed to no end here. How many hours are in the floor?

Cement counter tops made to look like granite and no one can tell at all

I'm going to give that counter top a try In a P.R. project.

Again I'm impressed

Jul 28, 2009, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    I would never in a million years guess this was concrete, great job. The test of time will be if it holds up under traffic and moisture coming through the concrete. Should be good.
    I did the other floors in my house about 8 years ago and they have held up and I have had no moisture issues. This is so much better than carpet. I had a toilet overflow and the carpet in that room got wet. The rest of the house just had to be mopped up! I had considered hardwood or laminate but don't want to risk them getting wet from a plumbing problem.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2009, 03:58 PM

Fantastic:

Like the saying goes "I can't believe it's not butter"
    secarter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2011, 09:25 PM
    My wife and I have been trying to figure out what to do with our floors in our house we both have allergies bad and wood flooring is so expensive, We loved how you made the concrete look like hard wood flooring. We would love your step by step instructions from start to finish with color and everything. Thank you
    kandr698 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2011, 05:14 PM
    Can you share the steps you took to do this? I love it!
    Leila Farmer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2012, 07:25 PM
    This is amazing! I just moved into a house that has concrete though the kitchen, dining room and living room and the cost of putting down flooring will have me in the poor house. Everyone that I have asked about acid washing concrete says it has to be done when the concrete is poured and the walls are not up yet :( Are you willing to email me directions to do this? I would love to have floors like this and am willing to put the time in, it look unreal! [email protected]

Leila
    Expert

Dec 9, 2012, 06:05 AM
    Leila, this thread is from 2009, and doubt OP will be back. Also, please remove your e mail address from you post, putting personal information on an international site is looking for some undesirable attention. Send a PM to the original OP, I know it has been a while, but you might be lucky.
    sstrahan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2013, 02:23 PM
    It looks great:) do you mind sharing how you did it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I know what to charge for interior painting and drywall finishing and painting [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know what to charge per square foot to prime and to finish coat new drywall? I am bidding to paint interior walls and ceilings in a new house. One coat primer and one coat finish. Both coats will be sprayed and backrolled. What is an average rate to charge per foot for each coat?

Interior concrete floors over the existing concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

Can you put an interior decorative concrete floor over an existing concrete slab that now is carpeted

Painting concrete floor in kitchen [ 1 Answers ]

I just removed the original vinyl tile and adhesive from my concrete kitchen floor. I will be applying concrete bonding primer and 1 part epoxy paint to it. It says I need to etch the concrete. Do I need to if nothing is on it? I don't think they sealed the concrete before putting down a vinyl...

Repairing cracks and painting concrete garage floor [ 3 Answers ]

My garage floor was painted when I moved in and the house was new. I'm selling the home now so I am filling the cracks on the garage floor and after it's patched I will repaint it. I am using a scraping tool and removing the paint from each side of the crack before I repair it as I think that's...

Pouring interior concrete slab over existing, cracked concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

I am turning part of my carport into a new living room. I am going to pour a concrete slab about 4 inches thick over the existing carport floor which is a concrete slab. The existing slab has a few cracks, the largest of which is about an 1/8in. Wide and raised about an 1/8in. What would be the...

View more questions Search