Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thedragonguru Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2009, 07:57 PM
    Skin whitening creams for clear skin?
    I have been trying to whiten my skin for around 2 years. My body has had minimal exposure to sunlight (and some places none at all), but instead of paling, my skin has become clearer. :confused:
    I can see the arteries on my hands sharply, slightly on my arms and legs, and even faintly around my face/neck. There is also a general redness from the blood around said areas from blood. The rest is an almost yellowed color. Yuck.
    I still really want whiter skin, but I fear that using skin whitening creams would make the skin even more see-through.
    Would the creams make skin more see-through, or color the skin white over?
    Porcelain Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2009, 06:31 PM
    Seeing your arteries or veins is not a good sign! :eek: It means that your skin is thinning, I would recommend you gradually slow down with whatever cream you're using and focus on getting back some plump thick skin again!
    May I recommend getting Retin A and vitamin C & E supplements to increase your collagen level?
    Also, I read that drinking teas help rebuilding elastic and collagen so maybe you can try that too.

Good luck! Hope I helped...
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

May 16, 2009, 08:52 AM

Dragon I think your getting VARICOSE VEINS which is not troublesome but not a very good thing to get...

You veins start jutting out more... and usually it happens to people who become tooo pale, genetic or a professional hazard..

I have white looking Indian relatives... who have varicose veins on their legs..

My sister is light on the body and dark on the face.. her legs are getting varicose veins as she is an air stewardess and apparently they get varicose trouble over the years because of the flying...

Nothing much you can do but put on some weight , do some yoga which relaxes the veins.. if your short tempered control your emotions as this tenses nerves and the condition begins getting worse...

Im not sure I have diagnosed what you have but it hink hwat your getting is VARICOSE VEINS
    dreamygirl102 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2009, 09:05 AM
    No Offense but why would you want to whiten your skin?
    I think that's so stupid
    I have a peach complexion and Im Hispanic

Nothing WRONG WITH THAT
    tryin2lighten Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2009, 07:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcelain View Post
    Seeing your arteries or veins is not a good sign! :eek: It means that your skin is thinning, I would reccomend you gradually slow down with whatever cream you're using and focus on getting back some plump thick skin again!!
    May I reccomend getting Retin A and vitamin C & E supplements to increase your collagen level?
    Also, I read that drinking teas help rebuilding elastic and collagen so maybe you can try that too.

Porcelain, your advice was extremely helpful. I really appreciate your kindness. Thanks
    tryin2lighten Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcelain View Post
    Seeing your arteries or veins is not a good sign! :eek: It means that your skin is thinning, I would reccomend you gradually slow down with whatever cream you're using and focus on getting back some plump thick skin again!!
    May I reccomend getting Retin A and vitamin C & E supplements to increase your collagen level?

Porcelain, how ofeten do you use the retin A and how much mg vitaminC and A do you take?

TIA

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin Lightening Creams [ 10 Answers ]

I have pigmentation and freckles from over exposure to the sun. I was told about Dr Palmer's skin lightening cream and also read an article on Extreme lightening cream. I am a white middle aged lady and would like to know whether other people have used any of these or other creams successfully. ...

Skin whitening for brown yellowish skin L-Glutathione [ 2 Answers ]

I know this question has been asked before, but I would like a respond from people who have the same color as me and/or from people who actually done their research on whitening pill and topicals and actually been taking them for many many years. I'm filipina and a little bit of Chinese, so my skin...

Would skin whitening creams make skin that is red (because of blood) look white? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been wearing pants for two years and a jacket for almost a year (no matter what the weather) so I can pale out. My arms and legs though, are embarrassingly red. Apparently, it's increased blood flow to those areas, and it's a genetic trait of Northern Europeans. I want to use whitening...

Skin Creams [ 1 Answers ]

Besides makeup and sunscreen, is any other product ineffective to apply after the cream or moisturizer?

View more questions Search