Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 17, 2009, 07:24 AM

Here is a 4 heat/2 cool stat.

Buy Honeywell VisionPro IAQ Programmable Universal Thermostat with Total Home Comfort Control | Honeywell YTH9421C1002

I need to look at it a bit more.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 17, 2009, 09:00 PM

Got some advice. Best one can tell there are 4 stages of heat.

You might consider jumping W1 to W2 to W3 assuming you have a 2 stage heating stat. From my advice, the air handler will sequence stage if the thermostat doesn't. It might provide better recovery on cold days.
    sgtaxe Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2010, 07:47 PM
    I have a similar setup and problem. My question is: if there is no 24 VAC between R & C. the fuse is good, and there are no loose wire or connections that I have found. Is it most likely the board that is blown?

I have no fan when I switch tstat to fan on, and of course no a/c at all.

Thanks
    Sgtaxe

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    This reads well. Kinda interesting reading.

I'd focus your immediate attention on the following two terminals. R & C.

The next time it fails check R & C at the furnace first and R & C at the thermostat. There should be 25 VAC between these terminals at all times.

Those two terminals should go to the transformer in the air handler. There should be 4 terminals or wires. Two go to 120 VAC and two go to R &C.

Look for any loose connections in any of these wires.

There also may be a 3 A automotive type fuse on the control board. Re-seat that.

You need 24 VAC between R & C for the tstat to have power.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No power to thermostat [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, I was trying to replace my old stat with a new programmble one. I had turned off the furnace before installing new one. But the new one didn't work and so, I put the old one back on. But the old one does not power now and display on the old stat does not come up. Can any one help me here...

No power to Thermostat [ 11 Answers ]

I have no power to my ac/heat digital stat, Ive replaced breakers and unit fuses, power noted to unit at fuses.. not sure what to test next... this happened after night of storms

Getting power to my thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to hook up a new furnace, and I am having trouble getting power to the thermostat, any help would be greatly app.

No power out to my thermostat [ 10 Answers ]

Hi Can anyone help I replaced a thermostat (ruud) because the power was always on The fan kept blowing even when the unit have been turn to the off position and the fan was on the auto position Now nothing comes on I checked the trasformer where it has 120 coming in but no power coming out...

No power on thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Help!! This morning we woke up to a freezing second floor. It is on a second unit, and when I went upstairs, the thermostat has no reading at all... no power. I checked the breaker and all was fine there. Is there an exterior switch on the unit that could need to be powered up?

View more questions Search