Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 14, 2009, 01:53 PM
    Caves/Tunnels Exposed by TBM's?
    Who explorers caves or tunnels exposed during boring?
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2009, 02:13 PM
    I think you should call the U.S.G.S.( United States Geological Survey ) first.
    Uber Member

May 14, 2009, 02:49 PM

Figured THEY did, but wondered when a Highway Contractor, or Non USGS business, stumbles on a tunnel, are they forbid to explore, or do they automatically notify the Geological Survey?
    And then say it is High Grade Gold vein worth Zillions, Does the discoverer get a percentage?
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 04:38 AM
    GOOD LUCK! Who owns the construction company? Who is the landowner? I suggest filling your pockets.
    Uber Member

May 15, 2009, 04:49 AM

I wish, Its just whenever I see them, I believe there is a high probably of running into one an old cave or tunnel system.
    I used to explore Caves and old Mines as a kid in Southern Nevada. I would love a job spending Days or longer in remote areas searching for Outcrops, Lost Caves, Ancient Sites. I still do it for fun in my spare time, would be nice full time and get paid.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 05:44 AM
    I know. I got into climbing and rappelling when I was doing high rise building structural analysis, rappelling down elevator shafts getting measurements. And going down the outside of the buildings with mirror glass was way cool. 25 stories was as high as I got, in downtown Atlanta seeing the reflection of yourself with the city behind you was a huge rush! Anyway the guy who taught me was from Arizona. We got into exploring caves(spelunking)in north Georgia. Not for everyone for sure. Nothing real radical, maybe 60-75 foot drops.We thought we were the first to get there until we found batteries and rolling papers at the bottom. Good luck on the treasure hunts, northern Georgia still has, according to the experts, 90% of it's gold veins. The gold rush in California attracted most of the miners away. Look into it.Georgia's gold is supposed to be really high grade.
    Uber Member

May 15, 2009, 06:08 AM

Do you have Thomas Terrys Treasure Atlas's, If not, let me know the area you are located(with in 50 miles), I'll give you some locations. Lost Gold, Caves, Minerals, Old Trails, Stage Lines, Very Interesting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amar Nath caves immortal pigeons [ 1 Answers ]

I have been told various times by various people, that there exist, and that they have seen, a couple of big-sized pigeons, in Amar Nath caves in SriNAGAR, and when ever I say that all this is blind faith and superstition and nothing else, they try to counter me, saying they have had the personal...

My dachshund puppy tunnels and growls. [ 6 Answers ]

She will tunnel under a bunch of blankets and then growl viciously. Is this normal? It sure is hilarious.

Exposed wire [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I'm finishing my basement. I have a family room and a bedroom. My question is that I will also be putting in a bathroom later, much later. But I want to run the wires for the bath so they can inspect them. So do wires have to be hidden behind sheet rock at the final inspection or what's the...

90 Honda Civic, Oil in sparkplug tunnels? [ 3 Answers ]

1990 Honda Civic with 276,000 miles. Last week while changing the plugs there was about an inch of oil in the bottom of the spark plug tunnels. I have never seen this before, I assume maybe the head needs to be retightened? Anyone here ever seen such a condition? The car seems to run fine and...

What are these tunnels? [ 2 Answers ]

I have researched the topic of moles and gophers but all of the answers seem to indicate mounds of different structures. These are tunnels that are very visible from the surface and start and stop all over the yard. I don't see any entrance holes but I have a black labrador and I have seem him...

View more questions Search