Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shrbwn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2009, 07:32 AM
    1099 schedule C due to short sale implications
    We are in the process of short saling our home. We have been told we will receive a 1099 schedule C from the lender after the sale. What will this mean when we file our taxes next year?
    meafsari Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 09:39 AM

Depends on the state where you are.. it is either law suit or 1099.
    1-in general a BK in the same yr that you get the 1099 will save you.
    2-on primary residents you mite be saved because of lots forclousers & economic stress theses days.
    3-the lender will not tell you if they will or won't issue a 1099, reason they rather you shrt sale than walking away. If they won't make sure it is in writing.
    4-make sure you have a forwarding address for the 1099,lot of times 1099 will go to where u'r not living any more and u'll find out about the it following yr when is too late and penalties have pilled-up.
    5-no matter what.. do your home work and save your rear end.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sale of property (land only) in the Philippines by a US citizen. Tax implications? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My retired mother is selling her real estate property (land only) in the Philippines. She needs the money to support herself. As a US citizen, does she have to pay income or capital gains tax in the US? How can she bring the proceeds from the sale to the US? If she needs to pay US tax,...

Will I have to pay taxes if I receive a 1099 from my short sale? [ 2 Answers ]

I am plainning to refinance my home and my mortgage company offered a "short payoff" in which I will receive a 1099 at the end of the year. Will I be required to pay taxes on this money?

Tax implications of stock sale [ 1 Answers ]

My parents were joint owners of a large amount of 1 company's stock. My Father died this year. We all agree with my Mother that reducing risk by liquidating some of this amount and putting it in a safer, more diversified instrument(s). Is there an advantage in selling some of this in this year(of...

Tax implications of 1099 income [ 1 Answers ]

My son has had a paper route for the past 2 years and the income has always reported on his SSN as 1099 income. The newpaper company is changing policies and will no longer hire minors. If I put the route in my name and receive a 1099 for the income and the issue a 1099 to my son paying him the...

View more questions Search