Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vars Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2003, 10:32 PM
    Backup drive
    Could you tell me if there is a way to stop half my hard drive from being used for backup by xp. This feature in my opion is usless because twice in the last year when I had a computer problem it wouldn't boot so I had to reinstall by the factory disk and erase everything. Vinny
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Mar 15, 2003, 01:02 PM
    backup drive
    Assuming you are talking about "System Restore":
    On the desktop, rightclick "My Computer", click properties, click Performance, then File System.
    vars Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2003, 12:02 PM
    backup drive
    I right clicked on my computer and there is no choice for performance.I can't find where you are talking about.
    P.S. Is there any way to elimynate the restore system completely. Thanks Vinny
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Mar 16, 2003, 03:29 PM
    backup drive
    Sorry

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

Sewage backup [ 5 Answers ]

Hi My basement has flooded 2 times with sewage in the past 5 weeks. Two different plumbing companies cannot determine the problem. Is it possible that the duct tape we put over our spare bathroom's shower stall (we're remodeling and didn't want debris to go down) floor drain 6 weeks ago could...

Modems on one drive not on other drive [ 3 Answers ]

Help I have a compaq 501OUS pent 3 win ME. I have a 2 gig hardrive I have no problem going on line, when I took my 2gig hardrive out and put a 40gig hardrive in my moden won't respond, I have reinstall the modem(US Robotics PCI Faxmodem includes V.92 and V.90 ITU standard technologies) physycly...

Backup [ 1 Answers ]

I have Server Dell 4400 power edge OS: NT 4 Server with Service Pack 6 Tape Drive: Compaq DLT7000 External Backup Software: Arc Serve 2000 When I take the backup, it starts successfully and after finishing the First tape it asks for the second tape to continue, when we insert second Tape....

Hard drive backup to cd [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone tell of good software to backup your hard drive to cd's. I've used Nero burn, but it copies all the sectors even if your drive is 3/4 empty. Is there one that just copies the amount of info you have on your drive? Thanks Vinny

View more questions Search