Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinboys98 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 08:42 PM
    Privacy act in public school system
    We live in Manchester NH, my son recently had a problem invovling a few students. The teacher wrote the report in the cafeteria and put all the students involved names on the sheet of paper. Instead of the assistant principal writing up a form for each of the children she took the paper from the teacher with several check marks on what they did wrong. The assistant principal photo copied the form from the teacher and gave it to every parent of the children. We all see the names of the other children involved and they all got written up for the same thing when the only thing my son did was use a foul gesture. But is being written up for bullying, lying, and a few other things that the other students did. Isn't this wrong and should we know all these other children's names? Is there some sort of privacy for our children in public school. We even know who the witness was in this matter! Please help...
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 14, 2009, 12:44 PM

This is wrong and they should have been written up individually. Speak to the principal about your concerns. Obviously they can't take back what has already been sent out, but it should not happen in the future. If you want to take it higher up, that is an option as well.

Parents should not be privy to discipline, academic, medical, or behavioral information regarding other students.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Privacy violation phsychiatric medical records hpaa public forum? [ 6 Answers ]

A woman I have no idea who she is started announcing to an online forum my medical history ex. Admitting into a phsychiatric hospital and so on. I know this is very private info because the facility would not even give family my inof at all. Well I am unsure what I can do and I can't find any...

Home school vs. Public school? [ 53 Answers ]

My husband and I have decided to home school our children because we do not feel that the public education systems are very good these days. When we were in public school the teachers spent more time trying to control and disipline the class or individual students then they spent teaching. I also...

Should I go to a public or catholic school? [ 7 Answers ]

My mom and I are trying to figure out what school I should go to! My mom wants a really good education for me ( I want to become a vet someday) But at the catholic school it costs tons of money and I have to wear a uniform!! Which I'm not looking forward to! And money is something that we don't...

Should public school kids wear uniforms [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: Im writing a report and I need help should children wear uniforms in public schools or should we just leave it alone and if you now when the first public school was started please tell me

School privacy [ 4 Answers ]

My son attends the public school in our town, He has many problems including adhd. I belong to a volunteer agency in my towm. Today I found ou that my son was the topic yesterday at a function of this volunteer agency. A family member of one of our volunteers is employed by the school. She...

View more questions Search